Club Membership

philshelton

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mower man

I think if you consider which club resource the majority of members make most use of, it has to be this website. More so than hog roasts and gazebos and free beer and the like. I would imagine it's how the majority of people discover the club too, and would be the most sorely missed if it were gone - if Rhocar as a club (gazebo and all) had no presence at a show it wouldn't stop me going, but if the website was gone I'd be screwed!

So whatever happens in terms of restricting content and the like then so be it (personally I think it's fine as it is), but as the most used and arguably most important club resource, perhaps shifting some spare club funds in Mats direction for the upkeep of the site should take higher priority?

Regarding 'nothing ever happens near me', I would imagine for the most part people just want a sunday afternoon blat around the local lanes with a few like minded people, regardless of what they happen to be driving? I think the club at the top end do a great job of organising the bigger events like Le Mans and track days, but perhaps more resources need to be shifted down to the local area secs to promote local events? I'd rather receive a compiled list of local events/meets/shows (both Rhocar and none Rhocar) with my annual membership pack than a 5 page photocopy of members contact details.

Just a few thoughts. :)

This is the bit that really winds me up ,I have seen it before in clubs not just cars but other hobbies and have been on commitees that were heavily critisised .If you have an idea either contact your local rep and put your point of veiw or organise some thing your self! if its popular, well done if it,s not find out why ! lets not kill something that most owners ,manufacturers ,enthusiasts would love ,theBEST kit car group in the country ! over a roast pork sandwich and a pint of beer. I had better put my flack vest and protective head wear as I'm sure there will be some incoming!!!!------- mowerman :ph34r: 8P

This is an assumption most people on here make but in fact only around 25 to 30% of members use this forum that is why it is important to keep the mag going in "hard" copy. In any case I for one much prefer a "proper" mag rather than reading it off a screen and I know I am not the only one.

Hi Chris, just to clarify I wasn't suggesting a web v mag argument, I love getting the magazine too. I was just suggesting (in my opinion) that the website is the club's prized asset, in terms of the help and technical knowledge it offers, to the extent that many builds would never get completed without it (mine included). I'm happy to stand corrected on the % of members who use it though. :friends:

This is the bit that really winds me up ,I have seen it before in clubs not just cars but other hobbies and have been on commitees that were heavily critisised .If you have an idea either contact your local rep and put your point of veiw or organise some thing your self! if its popular, well done if it,s not find out why ! lets not kill something that most owners ,manufacturers ,enthusiasts would love ,theBEST kit car group in the country ! over a roast pork sandwich and a pint of beer. I had better put my flack vest and protective head wear as I'm sure there will be some incoming!!!!------- mowerman :ph34r: 8P

Hi Mowerman. I genuinely don't mean to be antagonistic but I don't really follow what's wound you up? If it's the 'nothing happens near me' issue, I was simply speculating as to why people might think that and how it might be resolved. I certainly don't think that; I'm fortunate enough to live in area with a very active and well attended local club (Gary Clarke does a great job) where there's always something going on.

If that's not it please say and I'll be happy to clarify my point :pardon:

Guest chris brown

The 'nothing happens near me' excuse is a poor one in most cases as there is area events happening within 50 or so miles of most of us even if its just a meet up for a natter each month and as for its too far to go to the shows! What is the car for if its not for driving? 200 to 300miles or so is a good run out especially if the weather is good but is doable even in the wet so throw in a tent and sleeping bag etc in and make a weekend of it

200 to 300miles or so is a good run out especially if the weather is good but is do able even in the wet so throw in a tent and sleeping bag etc in and make a weekend of it

Can be more fun in the wet. Easier to get sideways 8P 8P

Hi my take on member forums is they are open to guest but there’s parts locked off just for the members. I know I’m not a member of this club but I did look last week but membership runs from January to December so was waiting till January as the car is taking my money at this time

Hoppo

Guest mower man

Hi Mowerman. I genuinely don't mean to be antagonistic but I don't really follow what's wound you up? If it's the 'nothing happens near me' issue, I was simply speculating as to why people might think that and how it might be resolved. I certainly don't think that; I'm fortunate enough to live in area with a very active and well attended local club (Gary Clarke does a great job) where there's always something going on.

If that's not it please say and I'll be happy to clarify my point :pardon:

I honestly hope I haven't rattled your personal cage Joel and I know how active most gen members are , I attend most of the shows altho we don't camp they are a big part of my enjoyment. I run my car most weeks and can enjoy a run out at any time as I 'm not working ,what my moan is really the members[ both paid up and community ] who moan that there is nothing for them in their area and as I posted the cure is to get of their a-s- and organise it, I joined the club a year before I got a car and included a couple of shows in that time and a big part was the genuine feeling of being welcome to talk with any body in the club and glean opinions,advise and make freinds all at the same time ,of late the attitude of some of the newer members seems to be the why doesn't every body not jump to my aid as soon as I turn up and nobody talks to me bit . My advice to them is talk to people and get to know who does what etc then the response will come to you as well as the feel good bit ,last year at Stafford I sat for a couple of hours beside my car and other than 6/7 people I know personaly not one person many of who had spent time looking over my car spoke !, I will probably get the same this coming weekend I hope this explains my earlier rant and if there is any one wants an even fuller explanation and is going to Stafford on sat come and find me --red/stainless s7 'flossie'

mower man [ mick] :good:

last year at Stafford I sat for a couple of hours beside my car and other than 6/7 people I know personaly not one person many of who had spent time looking over my car spoke

Might be the black robe and Sythe thats a problem there Mick :crazy: :yahoo: :crazy:

food for thought Rob I know in the past members joining at the end of the year get the next year included can't remember the month it come's in though. Like you say date to date membership would be a massive head ache and would mean having to pay some one to do membership as a full time job and increase the cost. What has to be remembered is that the club is run by volunteers and some one has to process the membership ( thanx steve) At the moment you have one guy doing 3 jobs due to the fact no one else has come forward to do it.

Guest Tim Norman

Used to be at the Donington Show which was in September. As for the jobs thing me and Peter used to them all between us and to be honest I did most of it, thats one of the reasons I stood down!

Thats true Mark ! might change it for next season , how about a day glo orange mankini and apink feather boa ? :crazy: mick

Might get a bit of cold in the nether regions Mick.. make sure you wear a good pair of socks to compensate 8)