Twin Cam Or Not To Twin Cam

Guest rich44

Guest rich44

Hi all

Just bought a sierra 20ltr gt for some parts and when i got it dropped off turn out to have a 20ltr twin cam with only 52k on the clock and it started up fine no smoke :) .

So now do i put this into my 2b or do i stick with my pinto has anyone got this engine in theres

Guest sandy77uk

Hi all

Just bought a sierra 20ltr gt for some parts and when i got it dropped off turn out to have a 20ltr twin cam with only 52k on the clock and it started up fine no smoke :) .

So now do i put this into my 2b or do i stick with my pinto has anyone got this engine in theres

is that the I4 bottom end? does it have 8 or 16v? I think the 2ltr 16valve is what the RS 2000 boys run, you could keep the pinto and flog the engine on ebay

Guest rich44

Thanks for your comments i think I'm going to go with the twin cam but not to sure if it will fit as it has the mt75 box and when i stripped my 2b it had a type 9 but will know more at the weekend when i pull the sierra apart.

Now all i have to do is sell my pinto and box :rolleyes:

Guest rich44

Thanks for all your help going to pull the sierra apart this weekend then see what i`v got just took it up the road and goes well should be good when it goes into the kit :)