Brushed Aluminium Gearknob

Guest AWhite

Guest AWhite

I was fed up of my gear knob coming loose and wobbling around because of useless allen key fittings so I managed to source a gear knob with the correct thread to screw straight onto the type 9 gearstick.

The gearknob is hand crafted in the UK and is machined from a solid piece of aluminium. With a Matt brushed aluminium finish. Gives a really nice quality solid feel to the gear shift.

I've coupled mine with a gear gaiter and richbrook gear gaiter holder.

Pics don't really do it justice, its a really nice, smooth, perfect sphere.

Pics to follow.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by steve in stockport
To remove advert by non member, as per forum rules, sorry.

Guest AWhite

Cmon then Andy,

Where from and how much.? I too are sick of the wobbly gear knob syndrome.

Andi

I did put a price on trying to canvas opinions. I'm not selling them and I don't know if the guy will make anymore but the approx price was removed. I'll text u.

• 5 weeks later...

Andy

Did you get the gearknob made to your own design/description or is this something that was being made already and you bought one? I have a stainless steel version on mine and it feels good and is very secure. I appreciate aluminium is lighter and much easier to turn, but it may oxidise over time and will scratch much easier that stainless. If anyone is interested I can produce a batch in either aluminium or stainless. The cost will depend on how many are in the batch (I'd need to do some sums), but the price to members would be very reasonable.