Battery

Guest Hammy360

Guest Alan_builder

What size battery do i need for my zetec powered zero?

Why not fit the standard Sierra?

You will need the correct terminals for your wiring, while you should not need the hi-capacity for for the auxiliary load you still need to start it.

Guest Sharky

I have used an Odyssey PC545 on my Zero with a 2.0 Zetec.

Seems to crank fine but I do make sure that I keep it maintained with an Optimate battery charger/conditioner.

Very easy to run them down to 11.5 volts or less when doing repetitive electrical fault-finding/lights checks and also if you leave the car running at idle for long periods etc, so make sure you look after it.

They are expensive but very small and compact and can be fitted upside down if need be. Up to you how you want to configure your electrical system, but I have seen that a few people on here have looked to boot mount their battery due to space constraints and that means that you are trying to transfer a fair amount of "ergs" through the centre tunnel during starting.

HTH?

Sharky

As I have the smaller 55 amp alternator and don't have any power sapping devices fitted, I used the smallest battery Halfords sold, it has been absolutely fine.

One addition that helps battery life I have fitted is a high powered geared starter on the Pinto, it draws less power from the battery on start up but gives high revs and more torque.

Guest ethanicus

If budget allows get a little red top. I run a red top 30 but you could get away with a 20 easy.

Personally I would avoid the back as the extra weight of the cable. Try and keep the cables as short as possible. I run 175amp 25mm2 cable and have the battery mounted on the tray by the firewall.

I will be insulating the battery as it can get a but warm.