Steering Shaft Bearing

Guest Alan_builder

Guest Alan_builder

There are a couple of updates required on the bearing.

One is the price now, 01/09/11 is £21.06 including Vat and delivery.

2nd is the Part number: SLFL2S which should read Part number: SLFL25 (the 25 is the size)

Revolution seals Bearings ltd. Tel No: 01923 858385

P1011281.JPG

Guest mower man

You could possibly get a better price by going to the brg supplier and paying cash as trade . This not a knock Alan but some suppliers do shove a lot of markup on if they can get away with it ! .Another little ruse is wearing slightly less than clean overalls when you visit !! mowerman :good:

Guest Alan_builder

Alan, why not ask the owner of the site, rathar than telling them it needs updating !,

Sorry Mitch, but the web page with the bearing on has no owner's name and the front page of the site brings up a dialog box and who knows what lays behind the click as it wants to make changes to my computer..

I don't think I have told the owner of the site to update it rather I think I said "There are a couple of updates required on the bearing" and then delineated price and part number. It is not up to me to tell the owner to up date his site. I don't see much difference between what ai said and There are a couple of heads up on the bearing.

I think you are reading my post as critism rather than its intended constructive help.

Guest Alan_builder

We can probably do a bit better than 10% off.

Carrier

Bearing

£8.20 including postage if I've got my sums correct.

Iain

Thanks Ian :spiteful: always nice to see you could have got it cheaper just after you splashed the cash.

No comment on being directed to the most expensive seller by the NW RHOCAR

Carrier

Bearing

£8.20 including postage if I've got my sums correct.

Iain

Please don't take offence but can i just check this is definitely the correct bearing as i keep thinking this is a job i should do as i've got a little play in the sierra one and i think i'll buy one if so. I just don't know what the specs should be etc.

thanks

Guest Alan_builder

Please don't take offence but can i just check this is definitely the correct bearing as i keep thinking this is a job i should do as i've got a little play in the sierra one and i think i'll buy one if so. I just don't know what the specs should be etc.

thanks

Hi

The bearing from Ian looks the same but the carrier has 3 mounting points not 2 line the one on the NW RHOCAR site. I did post a link on how to use it above as per the NW RHOCAR site.

You may need a new 3 sided bit to fit the shaft if the OD has worn.

The bearing I've linked to does the job just fine - as far as I can tell it's exactly the same as the ones the other NW guys have. As for quality concerns over it being maybe a cheaper part - it is designed to handle massively higher loads than the application we are using it in so it's highly unlikely you would see an issue even if it's complete rubbish (and there's no sign that the one I have is anything other than top quality).

It shouldn't matter much whether the mount has 2 or 3 bolt holes. For some reason that seller does mounts with 2 or 3 holes for the bigger 30mm bearing but I only see 3-hole mounts for the 25mm one.

Usually an old worn centre from an original Sierra bush works just fine - you need to turn a little off a nice shiny new one so quite often an old one is spot on to start with.

Iain

I bought an SLFL25 from RS components a few days ago - it cost me £17+ and I'm damn sure it isn't twice as good Iain's.

Story of my life - find the bargain just after I've spent my money, guess I just wasn't meant to be rich !!

I'm tempted to buy one of the others just as a spare at that price.

Steve

just got that bearing and housing in the post today and quality seems fine. 3 hole plates do exactly same job as two hole but obviously couldn't be used if you where replacing a std 2 hole housing for alignment reasons.

my original plastic bearing (triangular internal hole) was just worn enough to be a tight push fit so one job ticked off.

My problem is getting to the bulkhead to drill it. my back is now killing me and I'm no closer to achieving this yet.

Will have to remove the servo and master cylinder and try from the engine bay.

This is a must job for me, i have a lot of play in the steering wheel, got the bearing looks ok to me, was thinking of taking the servo off as well to make it easier to get to bolt to release the steering column. Will learn my lad how to use the drill has he’s a lot thinner than me lol