Axle/prop Spacer

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Would someone like to make me a spacer to go between the diff and the the prop please? Looking at 25mm if possible, money waiting. Standard Sierra diff. Just want to put a bit more shaft in the gearbox tail housing, got too much hanging out, so to speak missus!

Guest The Modfather

Chris.

As far as I'm aware it is the standard sierra diff. Do you know the dimensions or will I need to pass them on? If so I'll have to try and get underneath it.

Can't really spend dosh on a new prop or as Graham has mentioned, quite strapped for cash at the mo, but I'll be more than happy to P+P and some beer tokens if you could rustle a spacer up Chris.

Many thanks buddy

Guest Getting There

No probs will get it done this week, my diff is off at the moment so I will get some dimenssions from that and PM you when its done for an address, with any luck I can just put it in the mail from here anyway.

Thanks

Chris

Daz,

When i had a new uprated prop made for the V8 it had a thicker flange which really needed longer prop bolts. I searched all over the place but couldn't find any. Ended up using the originals which are on the limit length wise. If you have any success let me know.

Regards Baz

Guest The Modfather

Many thanks Chris, you're a diamond.

Baz, I have a fairly local tool shop that does all manor of bolts etc so if mine are now too short, i will pop down there and see what they have. Failing that I'm not sure if I can use bolts and nylocs, or safety nuts with wire.

I will update you when I start on it.

Daz

Guest mower man

Hi Daz re prop bolts , make sure you get bolts and not set screws a bolt has a longish bit under the head that is not threaded and get 10.8 specs the guy at the fixings shop will or should know what you ask for .As to security nyloc are perfectly adequate and a lot less of a fidle than lock wire mick [ mower man] :good:

Guest mower man

Thanks Mick for the tip. How you doing anyways fella? Hope all is ok.

Daz

Hi Daz I'm fine waiting for 2nd knee op hope fully soon .Am taking my car of the road next weekend and starting winter projects carfi cycle wings and Mega jolt are the two main mods .How are you finding yours with tthe tie bar mod ? I have had a tweek at mine a cuople of weeks ago to try and get the bottom arms and the steering arms to sit at a better angle lifted the rack approx 3mm and had it retracked,a world of difference, cost was nothing exept for the tracking[ about the only gauge I haven't got!hope you are good-----regards mick]

Guest The Modfather

Hi Mick, I still need to look at lifting the rack and then do the tracking. I have a bit of bump steer but I found that by stamping on the throttle it seems to sort out the bumps! LOL Hope your knee gets sorted buddy.