S7 For Sale

XSU976

Not a great day,

It looks like my mid life crisis is to be replaced with a financial crisis so my beloved toy may have to go.

This is a 1996 S7 correctly listed on the V5 as a Robin Hood, I bought it 4 years ago and it has served me very well since.

I have replaced the original 1600 engine and it now has the following se-tup.

2ltr, 205 block fitted with bike carbs and an FR33 fast road / rally cam,

Bike carbs with matched motorbike fuel pump.

Bestek electronic ignition set for the FR33 cam.

it goes like stink and is certainly faster than I am, Rolling road at Northampton motor sports returned 142bph at the crank with minimal adjustment to the setup

(the original engine will be included in the sale as a spare, it was running perfectly just need to catch up with the works apprentice at Barkstone)

The drive is through a 4 speed gearbox which give great acceleration when required.

As in the pics there is a roof included, not my personal preference as it is like driving a tank backwards but I guess it will be required if you are from the south, northeners will probably just sell it on.

The car already had the tie bar replacement for the anti roll bar and I have always found the car to drive really well.

If you are reading this then I am sure you already know what you are looking at and looking for so please feel free to PM for any further information.

I am looking for £2,950 ovno, I appreciate this might be the wrong time of the year to be putting one of these on the road but believe me it is fun all year around

Pictures don't do it justice please contact me for better views. There is a brand new pair of red 3 point harnesses & new mirrors available at additional cost.

post-2779-0-46460100-1317135317_thumb.jpgpost-2779-0-41309300-1317135315_thumb.jpgpost-2779-0-31110300-1317135313_thumb.jpgpost-2779-0-69059800-1317135311_thumb.jpg

post-2779-0-84871300-1317135309_thumb.jpg

Not a great day,

It looks like my mid life crisis is to be replaced with a financial crisis so my beloved toy may have to go.

This is a 1996 S7 correctly listed on the V5 as a Robin Hood, I bought it 4 years ago and it has served me very well since.

I have replaced the original 1600 engine and it now has the following se-tup.

2ltr, 205 block fitted with bike carbs and an FR33 fast road / rally cam,

Bike carbs with matched motorbike fuel pump.

Bestek electronic ignition set for the FR33 cam.

it goes like stink and is certainly faster than I am, Rolling road at Northampton motor sports returned 142bph at the crank with minimal adjustment to the setup

(the original engine will be included in the sale as a spare, it was running perfectly just need to catch up with the works apprentice at Barkstone)

The drive is through a 4 speed gearbox which give great acceleration when required.

As in the pics there is a roof included, not my personal preference as it is like driving a tank backwards but I guess it will be required if you are from the south, northeners will probably just sell it on.

The car already had the tie bar replacement for the anti roll bar and I have always found the car to drive really well.

If you are reading this then I am sure you already know what you are looking at and looking for so please feel free to PM for any further information.

I am looking for £2,950 ovno, I appreciate this might be the wrong time of the year to be putting one of these on the road but believe me it is fun all year around

Pictures don't do it justice please contact me for better views. There is a brand new pair of red 3 point harnesses & new mirrors available at additional cost.

post-2779-0-46460100-1317135317_thumb.jpgpost-2779-0-41309300-1317135315_thumb.jpgpost-2779-0-31110300-1317135313_thumb.jpgpost-2779-0-69059800-1317135311_thumb.jpg

post-2779-0-84871300-1317135309_thumb.jpg

Ok, 263 views and only one response from a cissy who doesn't like rain.

I am being honest when I say I don't really want to do this but unfortunately family requirements come first, so what's wrong? the price I'm sure, the pictures probably, the spec hope not.

Your comments would be appreciated and I won't be offended by criticism if there are no takers on here I understand, but before I go to piston heads or flea bay your advice as always would be appreciated what do I need to change?

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

hi tom

i am sad that the car has to be sold , but thats how it is .

the price is poss under what its worth .

we are in a real depresion at the mo and prices are crap for kits .

yours is a proper car and should make the price pluss .

put it on e bay and see what happens , you will get cock heads offering crap ammounts .

be informed that my second lightweight just sold for £4900, and was sold by me in the spring for £4700.

all the best with the sale and hope to see you soon in a tee shirt driving a seven.

graham

hi tom

i am sad that the car has to be sold , but thats how it is .

the price is poss under what its worth .

we are in a real depresion at the mo and prices are crap for kits .

yours is a proper car and should make the price pluss .

put it on e bay and see what happens , you will get cock heads offering crap ammounts .

be informed that my second lightweight just sold for £4900, and was sold by me in the spring for £4700.

all the best with the sale and hope to see you soon in a tee shirt driving a seven.

graham

Thanks Graham,

The lack of comment worried me, as you say times are not right and I understand that and if I don't get an offer in truth I don't mind I would rather keep the car its the only thing I have outside of work, even Shelly says not to sell but as you know you have to do what you have to do.

Hopefully things will work out and I will be back but for now I can continue to enjoy it whilst I still own it, the great thing about these cars is how cheap they are to run.

Don't forget to shout when you are ready to move.

Cheers,

Tom

Guest METITOV9

Toughen up all of you who have read this and not commented or made an offer!

I have just bought a 2b with no roof, no wipers and no garage.....I also live in NI where we experience about 5 days without rain every year.

After a busy day at work the sound of the machine starting up make you feel all warm inside.

Best of luck with the sale.

MT

It is just about the worst time of year to sell, weathers not good, financial climate worse and only 2 paydays to Xmas.

What if I don't believe in Christmas, will that help.

You are certainly not wrong but I do have two people interested and hopefully they will be non believers too, or even better in the Market for a really big prezzy, either way I win, bank some money and ease the pressure or bury my head and go for a drive rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Tom Hayden

Toughen up all of you who have read this and not commented or made an offer!

I have just bought a 2b with no roof, no wipers and no garage.....I also live in NI where we experience about 5 days without rain every year.

After a busy day at work the sound of the machine starting up make you feel all warm inside.

Best of luck with the sale.

MT

Thanks for that MT it good to hear not everyone feels the cold , just in case it may make the deal, I can throw in a woolly hat and some gloves (unused)

Tom H

Guest John Walton

I have had Kits/race cars since 2002 and have only had a garage in the last 12 months.

I had no other vehicle apart from my 3a for 2 years, it covered 10,0000 miles a year, so it can be done.

Sadly, a car is worth only what buyers are prepared to pay for it

Thanks to all for the support from everyone @ RHOCAR over the last 4 years.

I have just taken a deposit from a man with a big grin on his face and I know exactly how he feels which kind of makes up for the way I feel sorry.gif

He is from over Oxford way but I am sure he'll find a warm welcome to the madhouse that this hobby surely is, and I know you guys will be there will be the continued support whenever things go wrong.

I have really enjoyed owning my RH for the last 4 years, despite it being slightly dated against the lightweights, 2B's and Zeros there has never been anything but welcomes & support from everyone I have met in this hobby, the mix of personalities, petrol heads and plain nutters is superb and the support from people you have never met unbelievable.

I am really sorry to see the car go but the times we are in, dictate what we must do over what we want to do. I know the new owner will enjoy this hobby, it was great to let him go out on a test drive and see within minutes a big grin developing across his face, I new he was sold. Hopefully there will be room for a tin top driver at the shows until things improve and I can either get back on the road or maybe even start a build?

Good luck to all for the future,

Tom Hayden (XSU976)

I have just taken a deposit from a man with a big grin on his face and I know exactly how he feels which kind of makes up for the way I feel sorry.gif

He is from over Oxford way but I am sure he'll find a warm welcome to the madhouse that this hobby surely is, and I know you guys will be there will be the continued support whenever things go wrong.

I have really enjoyed owning my RH for the last 4 years, despite it being slightly dated against the lightweights, 2B's and Zeros there has never been anything but welcomes & support from everyone I have met in this hobby, the mix of personalities, petrol heads and plain nutters is superb and the support from people you have never met unbelievable.

I am really sorry to see the car go but the times we are in, dictate what we must do over what we want to do. I know the new owner will enjoy this hobby, it was great to let him go out on a test drive and see within minutes a big grin developing across his face, I new he was sold. Hopefully there will be room for a tin top driver at the shows until things improve and I can either get back on the road or maybe even start a build?

Tom Hayden (XSU976)

Tom Hayden (XSU976)

:) !