Damage At Stonleigh

Guest gdc

i thought after all this time gaz would have had an outcome to satisfy his issues ,

it appears i was wrong , he drove onto the club site at stonleigh and recievied damage to his kit

the electrical outlet that did the damage was not in an approved locatiation , ie

height or notified in anyway .

the club i feel has a responsibility to persue this as a claim for damages , the car is damaged and requires repairing. gaz has been quiet re the problem , but i feel he needs assistance to resolve the problem .

there was an issue the year before re the same area also .

dad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering why you said that nick ?

there has been no conclusion to the problem so far , the kit is damaged and no one wants to take

responsibility for it .

also his kit is damaged

this is is only felt by the person whose kit is damaged .he loves his kit .

the electrical outlet was left in a bad position and was not given a notice .

we need to persue the people that run the show to get a sensible outcome.

dad

and are you going to keep saying the same crap or what ?

the issue is that gaz hit a terminal and it buggered his kit .

he drove many miles to get to the show , he wanted to show his kit ?

dad

Well as far as i am aware, when we enter Stoneleigh, we pay our dues to grosvenor shows limited, thus making them responsible for any liability, if they seem to think that the problem is not theirs then that is between them and Stoneleigh park.

My advice would be for Gary to send a formal letter to Grosvenor of his intent to recover costs for the damage to his car, he can explain to them that he only seeks compensatory damages, but, if no correspondance is recieved from Grosvenor then he is prepared to take civil action which could lead to him being awarded Punitive damages which would cost them more, a case for Punitive damages is strengthened if the offending problem has been reported prior to the accident in question.

sorry nick this has still not been addressed, the time line is confused .

gaz car is damaged and has not been sorted . the car is damaged asnd stonliigh has

dimissed responsibility .

dad

I definately feel for Gaz, as does every one else, hence why i contributed to the collection at the AGM, as did everyone, but only Gaz can deal with a claim for damages

against Grosvenor, and if they have dimissed responsibility formally against a previous approach to them, then legal action is the only way forward as Mark says above.

Airing it on here is fine, but we can do nothing to assist as fellow club members other than backing his claim as to the state and position of the offending electrical box.

Don't shoot me down Dad, its fact, and have a cup of tea mate, :air_kiss:,i'm detecting a hint of the Whiskey talking.

Nick. :friends:

Guest jhfozzy

Not being funny, but if I grasp the situation correctly (and forgive me if I don't), he (Gaz) hit a stationary object i.e. the electrical outlet.

Regardless of the location of said outlet, it was Gaz's responsibilty to make sure his route was clear of obstructions.

Compare the situation to street furniture, if I hit an electric box on the side of the road, whose fault would it be? The electric companies or mine?

I can't see this going anywhere to be honest, sorry.

nick

i am happy with myself .

some whisky yes , my dad is porley , he is 89 and NOT WELL

the club needs to get behind gaz

he has suffered for the club , he needs support.

i am not in a good place at the the mo ,

but i can support myself . give gaz a go .

DUDE ME AND YOU DONT NEED TO FALL OUT

i have a great relationship with MANY members of the rhoar site you included .

gaz s car was damaged and should be repaired

we should put pressure on the show providers to make recompence to people like gazs whose

kit was damaged .

the electrical outlet was wrong , in placement.,

the club should take a better stand in protecting its members .

dad

our asteemed chairman has read this post and chosen not to comment .

it says some thing that when a member is in trouble ,nothing appeares to happen .

gaz drove onto thew site at stonleigh, his radiator was pierced and the floor of the car damagedc

he has asked for a repair cost , but has ,met difficulty achieviing this .from stonleigh

please mr chairman sort this out .

we are not a small club , we must have some influnce ./

dad

Just a couple of points Graham, Gaz's car is back on the road, although not 100% back to it's original standard. Peter Knight has been working behind the scenes sending letters and getting no response, then recorded delivery letters and demanding acknowledgements, studying H&S guides to try and resolve this issue. Grosvenor, who have changed names have denied responsibility and laid the blame at Stoneleighs door.