Damage At Stonleigh

Guest gdc

our asteemed chairman has read this post and chosen not to comment .

it says some thing that when a member is in trouble ,nothing appeares to happen .

gaz drove onto thew site at stonleigh, his radiator was pierced and the floor of the car damagedc

he has asked for a repair cost , but has ,met difficulty achieviing this .from stonleigh

please mr chairman sort this out .

we are not a small club , we must have some influnce ./

dad

Graham, although i sympathise with Gaz's circumstance, i think you are being a total cock, if Gaz needs help he can address the club himself i am sure it will get him further than your arrogant drink fuelled unpleasantries,i am fed up of reading the total Sh1te you seem to spout every time you come on here,we all have our problems at home/work/health but if we want to kick off for no reason we do not go on a public forum to do it. If these comments get me banned from this site then so be it, i am pretty sure im not on my own with this

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny, but if I grasp the situation correctly (and forgive me if I don't), he (Gaz) hit a stationary object i.e. the electrical outlet.

Regardless of the location of said outlet, it was Gaz's responsibilty to make sure his route was clear of obstructions.

Compare the situation to street furniture, if I hit an electric box on the side of the road, whose fault would it be? The electric companies or mine?

I can't see this going anywhere to be honest, sorry.

the electrical outlet box was laying down in un cut grass so could not be seen least of all when sat in a seven type car, someone also hit it last year. I shall be asking for another pitch next year if that is ok with all you guys.

steve thanks for the reply

i do feel however that we as a club are not covering the issues re the damage

amd the posible issues re the claim for the damages , stonleigh are blatntly resposnasably for the claim to gazs kit why are we not persuing this as a claim .

why as a major kit car club are we not assisting him?????????????

dad

I understand how Gaz feels and also how you think we should support him but, if the club support gaz in this claim in any financial way if would open the gates for members to ask for help in the event of a no fault accident. All the club can do as far as i can see is give appraisal of value/cost of repair.

Guest Getting There

Hi

Interesting thread!!

If it can help Gaz I will give him all the documentation regarding the claim I had by hitting an unseen object in the road. Although it was on the public highway it may help. I tried the nice approach and got no where and had to use a solicitor to even get them to reply to a letter, and even then it took 2 years and a day to get everything sorted.

Cheers

Chris

Not being funny, but if I grasp the situation correctly (and forgive me if I don't), he (Gaz) hit a stationary object i.e. the electrical outlet.

Regardless of the location of said outlet, it was Gaz's responsibilty to make sure his route was clear of obstructions.

Compare the situation to street furniture, if I hit an electric box on the side of the road, whose fault would it be? The electric companies or mine?

I can't see this going anywhere to be honest, sorry.

Fozzy,

I was stood within 10 feet of the incident and saw clearly what happened. I have also stated in the past I would be willing to give testiment as to what happened. The connection was broken, with old wrecked hazard tape (no longer visible except upon closer inspection) hanging off the broken box. To all intents and purposes, the box hardly appeared out of the ground, and could be viewed from a car seat to be a small mount of soil, nothing more.

I hope Grosvenor take responsability and pay up, and more besides, I hope they have it fixed before next year............

Si

do we have any members who are solicitors that could do a letter to stoneleigh, in a attempt to up the pressure on them to accept it is their responsibility to ensure the safety those using their facilities?

Guest jetskijase

My views are that we all put our hand in our pockets and helped fax out at the time.

Some members even offered statements to what happened if need be.

And others have helped gaz rebuild and get back on the road.

Now GDC what are you trying to suggest the club dies EXACTLY, not just "the club should help" I sense you are trying to say rhocar should use it's funds ( which are low this year due to several things like hoody bear etc) to go to court to reimburse gaz. I don't think that will happen as already been said on here it would open the flood gates, chris sorted his own accident out with the water board etc.

Graham if you want some ine to help gaz in court then YOU help him. You continually come on this forum and abuse and be rude to anyone and everyone and try to get others to do things that you see should be done by the club, get off your high horse and do something yourself.

As a moderator Iam kindly asking you to cease writing any abusive , rude, or anything else I see as out if order on this forum, enough is enough.

Regards

Jason.

I think the club has done as much as it can do in terms of support for Gaz, and will continue to offer the support for as long as is necessary. We can't offer financial support as to do so for one member, we would have to do so for all, and where do you draw the line.

Looking at this from another point of view, we keep mentioning that the same thing happened last year, so are we as negligent as Grosvenor and Stoneleigh for not ensuring that a known hazard was properly marked and guarded?

Any solicitor would tear us up for arse paper if we said 'yes we knew it was there because somebody crashed into last year'

Looking at this from another point of view, we keep mentioning that the same thing happened last year, so are we as negligent as Grosvenor and Stoneleigh for not ensuring that a known hazard was properly marked and guarded?

Any solicitor would tear us up for arse paper if we said 'yes we knew it was there because somebody crashed into last year'

By the same count if they have not fixed a fault in 12 months their health and safety audits/ inspections of the site are very lapse or non-existent ball back in their court. If it is still not fixed next year what then is it up to us to police the stand? It could be a long fight to sort this out, that's why i asked if any members were in the legal business and wouldn't mind sending a letter with a bit more clout. A formal letter my just make the think easier just to pay out.