Takes Ages To Fire Up!

Guest smegheadsteve

Guest smegheadsteve

Thanks chaps.

Not using the metal filter which you can get with the facet pumps.Just got two cheap plastic inline filters,one between tank and pump,one in engine bay before pressure regulator.

I pulled off the fuel feed from the carbs and switched ignition on to check fuel supply.lots of fuel came out.So maybe a carb problem.

If I was to put fuel directly in to carbs to try and eliminate them,how do I go about this on bike carbs?pour it down trumpets?if so how much?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smegheadsteve

GSXR600.Used to run fine before.All i have done with the carbs is unbolted them from the head and shelved them for a couple of years.

I have got some ZX6R carbs which I was told suit the engine better,but haven't got round to re-spacing them yet to fit the manifold.

Cam is Newman PH4.All timing marks are as they were before.

Guest smegheadsteve

Feel like I am getting somewhere now.Put fuel directly into carbs,and it fired straight away.Didn't like it though,after a few seconds exhaust manifold started to smoke!Pretty sure I haven't spilt anything on it.Maybe there still wasn't enough fuel getting through even though I had started it.So I killed it straight away.

Time to work through the fuel system then.Pretty sure pumps ok.Either pressure reg or carbs.

Thanks for the help chaps!

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smegheadsteve

Just updating.I borrowed a weber carb and manifold and it fired straight away!

Frustrating though,I've had the bike carbs in bits a few times to clean them.Jets out,choke plungers out and cleaned.Must be some tiny holes blocked somewhere that I can't get to.

Just started re-spacing the ZX6R carbs I got a while ago.I will still try and sort out these carbs though.

Thanks for the advice.

Steve.