Battery

Guest Hunty

Finally getting round to replacing my battery on the S7,

It currently has a basic battery on it, which is an odd size, also has a L/H positive, in a home made tray with a clamp,

Ive been looking at so many options, i keep going round in circles,

I see 2 options at the mo,

Option 1 - Use a standard battery that Caterham use, use my current tray and clamp, but have to change wiring as the caterham battery uses bolted terminals, (i currently use quick release connectors with post terminals) Cost roughly £70

Option 2 - Use a odyssey Pc545 battery, with odyssey clamp and post terminals, hope the wiring stretches as odyssey batteries are R/H positive, Cost roughly £130

Any other ideas or options ?

How do you mount your batteries ?

Any pictures ?

Ive searched and trawlled the net, found one or 2 but they seem to be too tall, too wide or terminals wrong,

Bosch do a lovely one but too tall, and catches bonnet ! Doh !

on a battery is a code number. ie 063 052 etc etc ...this relates to its size and terminals

if the one on now is the correct size just go get a better quality one with that code.

if not do what cma says..trip to a decent local motor spares,the right guys know their stuff my local does.

Guest philipgame

Hi Guys, not finished building yet but I'm using the battery of my Honda Blackbird, this is small as it's a bike battery and starts the 2.0 Zetec with out any problems. Not sure if there will be problems later when all of the electrics are finished, lights and things to go.

Phil