Sliding Pillar To Wishbone Conversion

Guest steve w

Guest steve w

hi guys, just wondering if anyone on here has used the double wishbone conversion kit from gbs, and if so is it worth doing, its about 230.00 quid and i am just wondering if its worth me considering as a winter project, does it alter the handling that much?

only had the car a few months and only done around 400 miles so hard for me to judge the handling at the mo

any opionions/ experiences are appreciated

steve

Guest Ian & Carole

Changed ours a while back, the change is really worth the effort.

Didn't use the GBS kit though, had a copy of the 2b whish bones made then made my own mounts etc.

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01149-1.jpg

If you are converting from sliding pillar the kit above is not for you it is only to improve the double wishbone 2b suspension geometry, which it does do very well, tried and tested on my own car before i sold it. if you have pillars then that is a whole different game and price tag !

Guest Ian Maycock

I have just started the conversion. i have stripped down sliding pilars, cut back the stainless side panels and i keep standing over the car with a hacksaw and keep putting it down again. i need to grow a pair and start cutting!

Guest Ian Maycock

9" grinder????? This is a job that requires a certain amount of finesse!!! First cut with hack saw then blend with grinder.

Regarding the costs of the conversion I have spent the last twelve months collecting together the parts. I would say I have spent around £250 so far. Wishbone of Ebay. Front hubs (now fully refurbed), new wheel bearings. Set of bushes from Superflex which only arrived the other day, early Chrizzy present. Just need the coilovers but will be getting these once I have done a trial setup so I can get the correct length.

Ibought the kit from gbs around £600 and you still have to make extentions for steering rack/rods no written instructions just have to work out what to do from pictures on dvd not ideal

Ibought the kit from gbs around £600 and you still have to make extentions for steering rack/rods no written instructions just have to work out what to do from pictures on dvd not ideal

sounds like a purchase you cant refuse :nea: : i dont understand why they would not supply fitting instructions bearing in mind how important this is to the car and drivers safety its fitted correctly, bit dissapointing and another notch on why people may be put off buying these kits.

Edited by T6 KFR