Outside Cover For 2B

Guest paulrrh2b

Guest paulrrh2b

Hi All,

Due to building work, my 2B is going to have to live outside for a while.

Can anyone reccomend a very good quality, heavy duty cover, I can use. I have seen the £30 quid ones and they wont last long.

All help appreciated

Regards

Paul

I'm still using a heavy weight lined one i bought off ebay some 5 yrs + ago and it is only now starting to crackup in places due to sunlight, kept in place with 2 very long bungie cords i made up to rap around to prevent the high winds blowing it away.

I bought one of those £30 ones a couple of months ago for my MX5 which i thought would be the same but alas no, as it is only half the weight of the old one i have, certainly not as good as my old one.

Guest paulrrh2b

Hi

Yeah I have used one of those types in the past and it ended up holier than a church!

I have seen the tree / four layer type, such as the ones used for caravans winter storage, just need to know which one is best / to go for??

Cheers Guys

Paul

I have one from Hamilton Classics, it was about £100 but has lasted 5 years and is only now showing signs of wear, its a snug fit as its for a Caterham and i also have clam shell wings. well worth the money in my opinion as my Exmo lives outside.

I've also just bought a Halfords Advanced Small cover for £65 and use this over the top of the Hamilton one. this is a bit big and i'm thinking of borrowing a sewing machine to tailor it slightly.

From experience the £30 ones only last a winter or a few strong gales.

Guest paulrrh2b

Thanks Dave Ed

I have contacted Hamilton and they are sending one to me today. Yes, the cheapy £30 quid one on it has lasted three days!

Ill let you all know how I get on when it arrives

Regards

Paul

Got a garden type tarp now, which seems quite good.

I would be cautious of that, you want a breathable cover surely?

I'm lucky- mine is covered inside a garage so its not such a problem although I still have a breathable one.