Rover V8 And Gearbox

Guest Yorkie1971

Guest Yorkie1971

hi ppl

just stripped a rover v8 engine and gearbox from a discovery. stripped the transfer box of.. just a few questions on the mods needed to fit the box into a kit car. does it need a remote gear change of some type. please have a look at picture below

cheers

this is my project for the next year or so to fit and get running a robin hood 2b

Guest Tim Norman

I have the LT77 but out of the commercial vans so is a bit stronger. I cut the stick down to make it a quicker shift. That and the hydraulic clutch make it a nice box to drive. First is a complete waste of space if a quick gets way is required though when coupled with a 3:62 diff and 225/50/15 tyres.

Guest robinj66

I've got the lt77 and i hate it! Gear selection is not very nice at all. im to used to modern slick boxs i suppose

Change the rubber washers that secure the remote to the box. Will make a vast improvement

Guest robinj66

Dan

That might be the cause of your problem as the rubbers provide some flexibility but not too much. Have you used washers to space the remote away from the main casing ?

What oil are you using ?