Acewell Fitted

Guest ScottG

Finally with Christmas out of the way I was able to install my new ACEWELL 7659-

http://www.acewell.co.uk/Acewell%20Speedometers/ACE-7xxx/ACE-7659.htm?action=full&id=66

Firstly I am hugely impressed with the quality of the kit, especially for the price.

The quick connect kit comes comeplete with a set of matching blanks to hook upto to original loom. Doing this to the existing Sierra clocks was extremely easy thanks to the comprehensive wiring diagram provided, the hardest thing was finding a local permanent live.

All I have left to do is find a suitable mounting point for the magnetic speedo, remove the fuel sender and check the setting/resistances and finally configure the clocks.

I am retrimming the dash as well and fitting the new savage switches so I will put photos up when it is done.

All was going to well today until I turned it on to test and discovered a larger water leak out of somewhere- hopefully just the water pump on its last legsand nothing more serious!