Stoneleigh

Guest gdc

Guest Tim Norman

I don't know the details of the accident but I bet there is a disclaimer at the gates somewhere about "at the owners risk". Secondly, the driver of the car is ultimately responsible for what he hits. The power point didn't leap out of nowhere, did it? If it was hidden in grass then that's a risk you take whenever you drive onto grass. The club didn't force him to come to the show or park in that spot did it? Is the owner complaining on the forum? "Mountain out of a molehill" is the phrase I'm looking for. I span my car on an oily/diesely patch a while back, was it anybody else's fault, possibly but that's life and why we have insurance. (or deep pockets in my case, only third party insurance!)

My sentiments exactly and when I have the answer to the question I have asked the man in the know, I will put it to bed.

I don't know the full story, didn't witness the accident or see the car after and I don't know what steps have been taken so far by Gaz. I do know and like both Gaz and Graham. So I'm not quite neutral and know nothing about the subject. An ideal position to comment.

I believe Rhocar initially felt Gaz had a case for redress and through the chairman made some representations to Stoneleigh with no success. I take it from Graham posting the topic again that Gaz has still had no luck with his claim and that Stoneleigh are still saying, 'Tough luck but no.'

Graham is just helping a mate and yes he does go on and on like a broken record and he is trying to raise more Rhocar support and action in the hope it may get some sort of a deal for Gaz. And he won't shut up. This seems to make some people feel almost aggressively uncomfortable judging by some posts. Am I mistaken, as it is a reaction I don't understand and don't much like.

Rhocar gave some initial support. Has that changed? And if so why? Is it Graham himself that some are reacting to? If so then personal feelings need separating from the issues. What are the other alternatives? Is it that Rhocar has accepted the failure to achieve a positive result and feels there is no point continuing fighting a lost cause? I can accept that, reluctantly and realistically.

That would mean Gaz must pursue his own action against Stoneleigh with the support of friends but without the active support of Rhocar. I imagine that's what will happen. I will be one of many going to Stoneleigh, as ever. I don't think Graham could seriously imagine otherwise. Sadly I don't have a wonderfull new bling engine to show off. I will not be driving around in the longer grass! I will not be threatening to leave the club one way or the other. As if anyone would give a toot at such banality. I would like Stoneleigh to pay something to Gaz eventually.

Finally I'd like to know if some of the posts are dis-inhibited by the 'it's only an internet board. It's not real, phenomenon' and if the posters would say such things in real life. We have to guard against this. Anyone on the receiving end can find it very hurtful.

Nigel

It would seem that some points need clarifying here.

At the time of the accident representations were made to the organisers of the show, without success. Since then Peter Knight, Club Secretary, has been in contact with both Stoneleigh showground and Grosvenor shows on several occasions to try to get a resolution, but unfortunately so far has been unsuccessful.

At present Gaz is preparing to go through the small claims court to get a resolution, the club will provide any assistance or evidence it can to help with the claim.

RHOCaR will be attending Stoneleigh as per usual, and if we are allocated the same pitch we will ensure that the hazard is highlighted to avoid a repeat of this accident. If Graham or anybody else feels that strongly about boycotting the show I suggest you make a personal stand and stay at home. No doubt we'll see the true depth of feeling in May.

Graham, I spoke with Gaz last night and I would suggest that you need to speak with him yourself before you come onto a public forum airing your personal opinions on situations and peoples personal circumstances that may or may not be factually correct or incorrect. One thing that you are definitely incorrect about is my blocking of your posts. I am quite happy for you to come onto an open forum and make a fool of yourself for the world to see, I have only ever deleted posts after several phone calls from your friends asking me to do so, to save your dignity! What you should be doing is asking who phoned me and giving them a huge thank you for saving you from yourself.

• Like 4

Guest Tim Norman

Steve's post above only confirms what I found out. I have PM'd Graham and spoke to Gaz, who was unaware of Graham's approach. Gaz does need some help from a literate person to aid in his pursuit of Stonleigh through the Small Claims Court. All willing volunteers please contact him.

I don't know the full story, didn't witness the accident or see the car after and I don't know what steps have been taken so far by Gaz. I do know and like both Gaz and Graham. So I'm not quite neutral and know nothing about the subject. An ideal position to comment.

Thank you Steve for releasing the true story. I took Grahams post at face value. It's great to see that contrary to what Graham has posted, 'Rhocar' is indeed on the case, has been throughout and continues to support Gaz and liaise with him.

The last sentence in the above quote was intended to be ironic. I just didn't know how ironic. We are now all much better informed.

Nigel