Your Having A Bl**dy Laugh

Guest MarkB

As a few know, I'm rebuilding my dash in gel coated fibre glass, I used my original dash to get the shape and size then made a positive plug out of mdf, took all of an hour, decided mdf was no good due to the over absorbent fibre edges, real wood is needed. I mentioned this little project to a joiner we used at work to build our 2 flight staircase "I can knock a dash together for you" said the man, so, I gave home my mdf mock up, 4 weeks later his young spotty apprentice drops the freshly worked solid wood plug off, looks the same shape, holes where they should be but about 6 times thicker than required.... Oh well I tjought, I can work round that, asked the spotty one how many pennies he required to be told gaffa will sort it, 2 weeks later a bill drops on my desk, 222.00 great British pounds!!!!!!!!!! Got my receptionist to ring him up and find out wether he's got a typing stutter, made a genuine mistake or wether he would like to apply lubricant to his rear end before I insert the said dash, to be rd "well it is tulip and ut wasn't an easy job", not an easy job!!!!! You built a double level stair case, fitted it, which took a day to fit and charged me 1100 quid!!!!!!! After a couple of mild mannered words he is going to look at the invoice....... The piece of wood I can buy for 15 quid, 10 mins with a band saw, 10 mins with a hole cutter, 10 mins with a router, 30ins sanding!!!!