The Local Motor Factor Laughed Down The Phone At Me

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I just took the sump off my zetec to find a small oil leak...with the sump off it was pretty obvious why the sump was leaking- the gasket was spit. as im using the scholar engines low line sump i had to do a bit of research into what gasket was the correct one - i pinpointed it (thanks to this boards great search function!) to a 1994 2.0l mondeo sump gasket. so i called up the local motor factor (A1 motors and this is the following converstaion:

me- hi there, do you stock sump gaskets?

shop assistant- yes we do, what car is it for please?

me- im looking for a sump gasket for a 1994 2.0l mondeo

shop assistant - HAHAHAHAHAHA no we dont. bye

end of phone call.

am i missing something here, i feel like an apprentice whos just went into the shop and asked for spirit level bubbles.

Guest Ian & Carole

Making freinds with a good motor factor is worth its weight in gold.

I use one here in Lincoln and when ever I go in it is first name terms and NOTHING is too much trouble.

I spend time browsing the parts books if he is busy and even though I want bits for a Sierra based Toyota powered kit cat, A MK4 Cortina based Beauford along with the 1987 Daimler he always finds the bits for me.

He will allow me to look at several bit in boxes 'till we find the correct part, even order 2 different items to make sure we get the right one then happily send back the one not needed.

Oh............. and all at trade less a bit prices.

Guest mower man

Surely your best option is contact scholar engines and get a part number or even purchase a gasket from them , as Ian posts having a good factor is worh a fortune in hassle and £' s personal visits beat phone calls every time. mowerman

Guest mcramsay

well its no special gasket, i just had to work out what model it came from. which is a 1994 2.0l mondeo. i find the motorfactors around my area useless. i would even say halfords aare better. but at the end of the day i am an ebay man through and through.