Time For Exhaust Fitting

MarkBzero

Engine and gear box in all ancillaries fitted. I have talked to a few exhaust builders can anybody recommend a good firm in west Midlands? Also for inspiration can you please upload picture of exhaust systems fitted to your kit cars, probably easier to show the builder than explain it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

ad1d6b3c.jpg

8c0bf63e.jpg

3c73b609.jpg

8e048ae9.jpg

The angle the pipe goes into the box and the swaged pipe were important for the look and a good seal, original Robin Hood 4 branch was modified with a 3" collector.

Made by Paul Gooderham Essex Suffolk boarders

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest sandy77uk

I have the standard exhaust unit from GBS, after mybrolling road setup, Northampton motorsport suggested that this area was introducing a restriction, I'm on the phone ATM to see if GBS can fabricate me a new one

Basically the same design but with wider primiaries and a wider collector

I have spoken to GBS but I am looking for something closer to home, its a long drive with car trailer plus hiring/borrowing a trailer, fuel etc. I could probably borrow a flat bed for a local move. Also they would have to fabricate a one off which takes time because I'm stuck in a time warp, xflow fitted to a Zero.

I like the examples so far clean and level with the bottom edge of the car.

Thank you, any more.......

Guest jetskijase

HI Mark

Try to make the next meet mate in stone, got a few membes in penkridge and wheaton aston (me!)

Anyways., in true hoody fashion, get a xflow manifold off ebay, preferably one that goes 4 into 1 ( not an expert on xflows) then get hold of a gbs/robin hood exhaust and make up some tubing by tacking and welding the two together! job done. , i did it twice to link up my manifold and side cans. it also amazing what exhaust heat wrap can cover up!!!!!!!

or pay the dollars and get a nice hand made manifold and exhaust system made up. apperently roadrunner kit cars have a guy over our end who will make an exhaust up. met him at autosport show last weekend and he'd made a very nice manifold for an ls3 v8 engine in their roadrunner chassis.

cheers mate

jase

Mark I have the same problem with my pinto,GBS only do the one that comes through the bonnet which I dont like,Ashley exhaust in Walsall will fit one but say between £350-450 thats providing my own silencer.Im with you I like the look of the nice low level fitting as in Snapperpauls picture let me know what you resolve.

Stewart

My manifold is a standard Robin Hood that came with nearly all kits from late 90's to the end of the 2b.

I did the maths on the primary diameters and lengths and it's a good match to my head and cam, the rest of the exhaust is bespoke, cost a good bit but I lime it and I'm not deaf anymore.

Bob,

A very good tidy looking exhaust and probably one of the best I have seen through the bonnet. I am not a fan of the bonnet exit exhaust but a zero with xflow is difficult because the chassis bracing, alternator and starter is all on the same side not much room for a single exit pipe exhaust.