D-Day

Al Milton

Thanks chaps.

Simon at GBS has given the car the once over and he has a very short list, mainly edge trim and a couple of clips, nothing major at all.

A good testament to the build. I'd like to take all the credit but can't (owing to work issues).

Without the help from club members in various forms, God only knows when the car would have been ready for IVA.......

Well, after 8 and a half years and loads of help from members, (more of that later) next Thursday afternoon is D-Day.

Car is being presented by GBS at Nottingham.

Fingers crossed.......

I was talking to Richard last week about booking my car in and he mentioned that they had a nice Super Spec in the workshop to be put through IVA, now I know who's it is :)

Best of luck with it Al. From what I have been told, Simon won't present the car for the test unless he is 99% certain it will pass so you should be fine.

Guest steve8274

Well, after 8 and a half years and loads of help from members, (more of that later) next Thursday afternoon is D-Day.

Car is being presented by GBS at Nottingham.

Fingers crossed.......

good luck for the test

as a matter of interest, what have GBS quoted you for putting car through iva.

the reason i ask, a few weeks back, a member got a quote to put their zero through at a price. when i rang up to do the same, the price was completely different. a lot dearer than other person.

was just wondering if GBS have a pricing structure or it depends on who you speak too. hopefully its the latter and i will ring that person up to get my car booked in

thanks

steve

Thanks,

Prices are based on what GBS would have to do or put right for the test and are individual. Prices you were quoted over the phone were probably ball park.

Simon, their IVA man, goes over the car thoroughly with his checklist then works out a price accordingly. If you are there at the time then he discusses with you, if not, then he'll give you a call.

Better the build, less for them to do (and vice versa) and the price will be reflective of this.

I think there may be some confusion over the cost of the actual test. I once heard that the factory pay a lot less than the £490 fee but that is probably only on factory built cars, as the manufacturer. Customer/private built cars I assume will be charged at the normal rate.

On top of the fee, that you would have to pay anyway, GBS quoted me 6 hours labour to check the car over and to cover the time it takes to take the car in etc, so another £252 on top. Then there is the registration fee, which you would have to pay anyway. Then there is any extra work that needs to be done, but as Al said above, the better the build, the less for them to do.

Although it is a lot of money by the time you add in geting to car to the factory, for me it is peace of mind knowing that the car has been thoroughly checked over by the guys who build them every day. They will drive it for you to check it over and set it up, getting it running correctly and so on. For me, and this is only a personal preference, it is worth every penny.

Guest steve8274

think that is where the confusion was. i did think test was cheaper going through them. had a good long chat with one of guys at GBS(may have been Simon) gave some very good advice. my car is nearing completion. sticking trim on everywhere. seems to be taking longer than actual build!

my thoughts though with the price i was quoted was that i could take car for IVA, and even if it did fail, the cost of retest would still not take up to price of GBS. the car could still fail with GBS although i admit this is unlikely.

my money is tight at moment so i am still considering which wayto go

steve