Barkston Heath Track Day 22 September 2012

Guest John Walton

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RoborRoss

Looking good weather wise today. I'm going to take a run out as a spectator and see what I've got to look forward to next year!

Hopefully get chance to say hello if I can get in.

Guest RoborRoss

I calling in at the gbs open day on the way. So won't be getting there til later. Would have been good although I'd have probably held u up. Hope I don't need anything to get in when I get there. I'll look you up when I get there. Perhaps run back together?

I calling in at the gbs open day on the way. So won't be getting there til later. Would have been good although I'd have probably held u up. Hope I don't need anything to get in when I get there. I'll look you up when I get there. Perhaps run back together?

pm,d you my number was also going to gbs could drive there from here some good roads

Guest scrabster

think they were about 54 or 55ish,superlight single seaters with bike engines.one had a two stroke rotax engine with a daf variomatic gearbox wich just screamed all the way round.errr didnt bother looking at my times just consistant with last years. :mellow: heaps of fun though.

jess.

Guest scrabster

The bike engine single seater thing went round in 48 in the afternoon without the chicane and 51 in the morning with the chicane

i stand corrected,and also i think i was *bleep*erer.

Guest rodgling

I think I got 63.5 in the morning, and 60.5 in the afternoon (in an m3 powered 7). Definitely some time to be had - braking at the right point and then getting round the ultra-tight chicanes as fast as possible was probably where I could have improved most.

Guest JeffJeffers

Thanks to all for an excellent day.

I will definatly have a go at something like this again , even though I did win the idiot of the day award.

I do have to agree, who cares about times as long as you enjoyed it.

There was some one taking pictures at the last corner. Are these on a website anywhere?

Guest RoborRoss

That was me taking the photos. I'm still too green to take my old girl on the track so I thought I'd take photos instead. Pm me your car number and I'll see if I've got any of you and get them uploaded for you. hope I can keep track of the people I've said I'll upload photos for!

Guest Battery Bill

Jeff

We all enjoyed the day as well and the Hoody clan were all very well behaved for a change.

Them funny little cage type vehicles were indeed remarkably fast the 48 second run was only 3 seconds off our local hero Simon in his Jedi which does 45's.

The photogs you saw were from your lot anyway and will be posted on the site soon.

We have our own photogs who roam around and sell their disks for a mere £10 which all goes to the RAFMSA charity

If you want one send an email to Nick at nicholas.rogers@marshallaerospace.com

I did talk to a few people about full RAFMSA entries in our sprint challenge, anyone who missed out should be aware that you can join up for an annual fee of a measly £10 and then you can enter each event for an equally measly £40. We can also accomodate campers on site for a measly £0 (we only have 2 toilets and 1 shower though but its quite dark in places just be careful of the barbed wire)

We have 8 or 9 events a year and they are often double headers which are on the same weekend as track days such as Hoodies, Minis, and any other car clubs we invite.

Anyone interested in joining in either pm me or send me an email at hoody.bill@ntlworld.com

By the way Jeff

You were rather unlucky really you won the award mainly by arriving late and spinning a mile into the infield. In the past you would have had no chance of winning as the award would have almost certainly been won by Andy Rowles, Nigel Thursden or even Dave Tilsen if any of you can remember that far back lol

Looking forward to the next time

Cheers

Bill

COC Barkston sprint

(No wise comments please)