Mobile Phone

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

my wife is having trouble getting a pay as you go phone ,see doesn't want one with a contract as she only wants one for emergency, all phone people do is £10/month to be used that month use it or loose it any ony one know of a pay as you go ?

peter2b

Guest Alan_builder

As Ian says get yourself a Sim card.

If you phone is locked you need to get it unlocked if the sim is not the same as the original supplier. Some phones cant be unlocked because they are hardware set to the supplier. You need to find out first. You can buy a phone that is unlocked but they cost quite a bit as there is no subsidy from the air time supplier, and that tells you why the option is now PAYG monthly limit to service, the companies are making a loss on the handsets and on the exchange costs.

Look hard at the SIM deals.

Have a look at http://giffgaff.com/ :10p/min phone calls, 6p/text. Credit doesn't expire until it is used up, will expire if there is no activity on sim for 6 months.

Just got myself a SIM, and am looking at 250mins, unlimited text, unlimited internet for £10per month :)

They also have a phone unlock section - don't know whether it's any good though

-Steve

Virgin used to do a great deal where you only paid for what you used each month. They would take it by diret debit each month. Meant you never had to top it up and you never had to worry about running out of credit. Had that method for a long time with them but lost it on my last upgrade as had to go on a contract. Wish I could go back to it.

Guest david56

if you buy a locked phone you can buy the unlock codes just do a google search for a supplier.

Just follow the instructions exactly.

Obviously this wont work on an expensive smart phone we have done this to loads of Nokia phones over the years.