Who Can Sort My Pinto In Northwest ?

Guest NantLladron

Guest NantLladron

Hi

Does anyone know who (ideally in northwest) really understands Pintos & twin webbers, after loads of posts and advice on why mine only puts out 110bhp at the wheels i think some proffesional help is needed and from someone who really knows the ins and outs

Mark

But is it only making 110?

Does it drive like it's under powered, have you compared performance from your engine to a similar specced car? You're accepting that what the RR guy has told you is correct and that he hasn't made any mistakes with his calculations, his machine settings etc.

We had a trip out to these guys at the end of 2010, little back street place, but they know their stuff.

A.B Garage

unit 167b Hawarden Ind Park

Manor Lane

Hawarden

Deeside

CH5 3QX

01244 537701

Guest NantLladron

sorry what i should have said was 110 at the flywheel , it doesnt feel like its more , also it really bangs on the overun ( with blue flames at night ) and wont really keep a constant speed ......difficult to compare but it will outdrag my brothers mx5 (1.6) but not leave it for dust ......the only other comparison in my Disco 4 ! quick but not comparable .......will try the guys at AB , internet also give favourable comments ,

Spec as i understand it for my engine is

Built in 2004 by autosprint in Birmingham

40k miles

2.1 Pinto ( log book says 2.1 & badge on the boot )

twin 40 webbers

as270 cam

4 into 1 exhaust

No idea on head .....

so with the above in mind i would have expected a very quick motor

Guest david56

try

Mike Richardson

Richardsons Repairs

Unit 4c,

Berwick Road Industrial Estate,

Wooler,

Northumberland, NE71 6AH

he does racing cars and sold me my part built RH

Might seem a bit of an odd one but you could also try Minisport in Padiham - yes I know it seems a bit odd but the guy who runs/ran the rolling road (Rob) is an ex-Ford works man and knows Pintos an Crossfows inside out. Been a while since I've spoken to him and I've heard that he's only working part-time now (semi-retired).

Iain

mark , go to AB Motors, Adrian will give you 100% true advice, hes top bloke and hes done loads of work on hoods,cheep as chips but dont expect him to be able to get it in tomorrow he is very busy, ( sat mornings about 2 months inadvance!!!" )

and dont be put off by the look of the place, as its a old airfield shed, but he is a top fella,

Mitch

Guest NantLladron

Mitch , Steve also recommended them so i called past there this week to "the airhut!" and found them both to be really helpfull and its booked in for 5th March , they do seem to know their stuff but i guess i will see post 5th !

Thanks all for the help , Mark