Registering Car

Guest joshrob

Guest joshrob

hi,

my car is going to IVA next Tuesday and i have been very confused by the insurance/iva/register side of it.

what is the correct method of getting the car from the before IVA stage to what legally driving on the road?

If i am correct...which I am probably not.

1:insure the car on the chassis number

2:Take to IVA

3:pass IVA

4:IVA guys inform the DVLA and insurance

5: the car is registered by the DVLA

6:number plate and log book sent to me

7:inform Insurance of number plate

8:number plates on +tax

9:ready to drive.

That could be 9 steps which are completely wrong, but i am a little stuck so any advice is much appreciated!

First off you will have to use a trailer unless you have insured the car on a chassis number.

VOSA don't inform DVLA or the insurance.... You do.

When you have passed iva next step is buildup inspection by DVLA then you can present all the documentation including your MAC certificate from VOSA to DVLA and they will take money off you for tax and registration then take there time and eventually issue you a reg number and tax disc

Guest Alan_builder

You can't drive the car to DVLA they say it's not legal and will report you / fine you.

You have to make an application to DVLA to get an Appointment for the BUVI.

Guest Ian & Carole

You can't drive the car to DVLA they say it's not legal and will report you / fine you.

You have to make an application to DVLA to get an Appointment for the BUVI.

Here we go again............

Lincoln DVLA were happy for me to drive the car to the inspection, some still do home visits, all the paper work completed whilst I waited and got my plates on the way home. Seven days post SVA.

Another point of interest / discussion is I had the car MOT tested pre SVA and got the 3 year exemption.

Right hand / Left hand. VOSA / DVLA you really would think after all this time they would have one hymn sheet to sing from.

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi all, i used Paul Jepsom to register my car. Trailed my 2b to IVA passed 2nd time, posted all paperwork to Paul who then sent everything to DVLA Swansea.

All paperwork returned with tax disc within 10 days ,register as a 10 plate so need for mot for 3 years, Dvla Swansea no longer due build up inspections.

Cheers Neil.

Guest Alan_builder

Here we go again............

I think we do!

The poster wanted to know what to do, he didn't ask what you did a millennium ago. DVLA systems and practices change over the years.

6 months ago :-

If you had an MOT prior to IVA you would not get the 3 years.

All kit cars would have the BUVIR

Both dictates from Swansea and I have a file a mile long from their management section! I also wanted to know the difference between a BUVIR and a VIC!