Digital Dash

Guest 2BBoulton

Guest 2BBoulton

Being a Knight Rider fan when younger and very impressianble? I allways wanted a digital dash in my car. After spending many hours tralling through the internet I finaly managed to find one but no price was listed.

After checking their site today they now have a price for it £500. Its not cheap nor is buying all the instuments under the sun. Check it out at Link here.

I am in no way connected to the people selling the instument (shame as I can't afford £500 at the moment unless anyone want's to buy my disco from me). If any has one or gets one I would be interested in your comments.

My only experience of them was watching 'A Race Car is Born', where the guy from Dream Machines built a Westie and took it racing. He had to have an engineer out to 'tweek' the digi-dash because it kept flashing and bleeping at him. I got the impression it was a bit of a nightmare. :blink:

Mark II Astra GTE's had a digital dash. The temp sender should fit a Sierra lump. The rev counter (bargraph display) should be do-able as it probably runs from the ignition. The speedo was run by a sender that fastened into the box where the cable went in on lesser models and a wire went to the guages. Now if all that sender generates is pulses then it should be possible to drive the thing accurately from a Sierra drivetrain (or any other car for that matter). Fuel senders can be done (most of us have) and illumination should be simple.

Just a suggestion.

Iain

Guest 2BBoulton

From looking at the website all the bits needed (fuel sender, wiring loom ect) comes with the kit so there should be no compatabiltiy problems.

In the process of trying to persuade her who must be obayed that its a essential household purchase.

If I manage that fitting it should be a doddle! ;)

Bruce