One Of The Last 2B Kits For Sale

Guest smartfazer

Guest smartfazer

Hi All,

With great reluctance I have decided to sell my 2b kit due to ill health.

At this moment in time and for the foreseeable, I do not have the wherewithal to complete it.

Basically it was one of the last 2b chassis to be produced which has the steering column brackets and pedal box already welded into the chassis (a la Zero).

Everything is new other than the gearbox and diff, which I got from GBS. I have replaced seals with new etc.

It has a new 2.0ltr Zetec with raceline sump and waterrail, again which I bought from GBS.

The exhaust is stainless with a built in Cat converter.

The wheels are new 15" Team Dynamics with new Yoko Parada's, as supplied by GBS.

I have so far purchased everything new from GBS and the only things required to be able to complete the build are the induction system, ECU and alternator kit.

The kit is at the rolling chassis stage with engine and gearbox in, seats positioned and fuel tank mounted.

I am going to lose a fair few quid here and am doing this very reluctantly, but I need to concentrate on getting through this illness. Without going for a sympathy vote. Ever since I bought the kit from GBS, I have been dogged by cancer. I have beaten it twice already, but this third time I need a bone marrow transplant (2 months in hospital), which will get rid of it once and for all. It will not beat me!

I am looking for £2,500 (but is worth a lot more) and will be puting this up on ebay shortly, I thought I would offer it to you guys and gals on here first as you are more appreciative than most.

I have photo's and invoices etc from the start which would also be given to the purchaser.

If it doesn't sell, and part of me hopes it doesn't, then it will give me something to aim for when I get home from hospital.

Let me know if any of you are interested.

Kind regards,

Steve

Guest snotfart

may i offer my commiserations on your medical misfortune and wish you a speedy and complete recovery ,go with your gut feeling and keep it ,you will only regret the sale .dave.

Guest dinger

Steve,

If you wanted to sell/swap/part ex the wheels and they are the right offset for a zero, I'd be interested in doing a deal with my wheels,.

Hope for a speedy recovery

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sevenheaven

God bless you Steve, youve beaten it twice you CAN and WILL do it again, hey third time lucky!

Keep the car, it will be a glorious day indeed when you get to drive it :)

Hey when you get out, post a build weekend and I'll come.

Good luck, and all the best.

Alan.

• 4 weeks later...

HI ,

well i met the New owner today so welcome to the madhouse Wes, hope we get you to the meets, and should be able to get you out in one soon,

also sort out the tent for Stoneliegh, plenty of tyres to kick, just bring lots of beers,

the Mrs is welcome too, as you ay of guesed by Amys giggle s were very family friendly too ,

Steve, hes certainly got a bargain and must say its the best part built kit i have ever seen, you done some great modificatons on it , good luck for the future,

Mitch

Guest Wesley

Cheers Mitch. Thanks for coming over and giving me a few pointers on where to start. Anyone else who fancies helping out or just giving me a few ideas on what to do next will be very much appreciated and i will provide all beers or non alcoholic drinks if wanted? I work on it every night and weekends so ill be free anytime.

Im based in Chorley, Lancashire so PLEASE let me know as im looking to finish it ASAP, my numbers 07515 934136.

Again thanks very much Steve for everything you have done, good luck and ill be sure to keep you updated on the progress.