Weber Dgv On 1.8L Pinto

Guest mikedbradley

Guest mikedbradley

Thanks, I have a manifold and 32/36 dgv (need to make a linkage) what I am really trying to find out about is what to do about the various electrical connections that are on the Pierburg.

• 2 months later...
Guest Peejay

It is not an easy job as the 1.8 pinto has a sort of ecu on it that controls the ignition timing, when I did mine I binned that and reverted to a points based disributor, bit of a pain, but runs very well.

Guest mower man

Any carb other than the Ford VV will be . better than the Peirburg believe me ,Ford soon sacked it ,I'm not pos but think that the electrics are for auto choke on the peirburg so you will not use them any way .I would not go back to points, the carb does not control ign timing and the bosch system should work with out the connections to the carb HTH mower man

Guest lewthepoo

Any carb other than the Ford VV will be . better than the Peirburg believe me ,Ford soon sacked it ,I'm not pos but think that the electrics are for auto choke on the peirburg so you will not use them any way .I would not go back to points, the carb does not control ign timing and the bosch system should work with out the connections to the carb HTH mower man

Just out of interest what was so bad with the VV carb?

Guest mower man

There are very few printable words about this carb but poor start ,poor economy ,no performance,constant need for tune up Ford dropped it very quickly . It was there take on variable venturi sim to S.U. but never really worked ,I've seen really good guys run away from these things hope that answer you question mower man :bad: :crazy: :80:

Guest lewthepoo

Hmmmm, very interesting. I have a vv and funilly enough engine won't start at the mo...been pulling my hair out everytime I enter the garage as i'm cluless when it comes to carbs. Got it fireing & starting briefly then it dies.

What carb would you recommend? bareing in mind it will have to be a fairly budget option. I have pinto 1800

Guest mower man

LEW throw it in the skip must be plenty of 2 choke webers about if you want to stay single carb ,bike carbs seem to be the thing at the mo but it depends on pocket depth etc injection throttle bodies are the ultimate but prob out the question .A 32/36 weber will not be a fortune ,try ro buy with manifold if pos HTH mower man :acute: :clapping:

Guest mower man

As you say could be cheaper on te bay but you are geting anew carb ,air cleaner manifold linkages etc and a cheeky request for correct jets will save alot of messing .go for it!! mower man :clapping: