Superpspec Design Fault

Guest stevenkirk

Guest stevenkirk

I have been told the 2B Superspec has a design fault in that the 2L Rover engine and Ford MT75 gearbox are not mated correctly in that the input shaft of the gearbox is not 100% straight with the crankshaft and so goes through lots of bearings eg crankshaft spigot, clutch release and god knows what others.

Has anyone come across this and is there a cure?

Hi, Are you having any problems with yours???

If not leave it as it is, because it is not a small job and once the gear box is out you may as well improve a few things at the same time!

If you search superspec gearbox you will find a few posts about how people have changed the design / workings of the clutch. There is no 1 method that is right or wrong it all depends on what you want to achieve and what tools / skill you have (or how much money you have) As snapperpaul has said, and was also the failing problem with mine seems to be with the spigot bearing - wrong material - not long enough. when I did my mods the one thing that was ok was the alignment of the engine and the box.

HTH

Steve

Guest bill brown

hi,

it,s not about your recent topic..

but,i,m trying to put new ball joints on the front.do you have any part numbers i can try?as i,m having trouble finding them...any info wouldbe great...

cheers billy...

hi,

it,s not about your recent topic..

but,i,m trying to put new ball joints on the front.do you have any part numbers i can try?as i,m having trouble finding them...any info wouldbe great...

cheers billy...

I think they are the same as the 2b

!/2 way down the page

http://nw.rhocar.org/parts.htm

HTH

Steve

Guest bill brown

hi steve,

thanks for the info..i bought the top balljoints.but,the guy said the bottom balljoint number i gave him was for a pergot not a ford..i,ve just checked it is the correct number i got from the link...

the top b/j,s are for a ford transit...

i will see what i can come up with.

cheers mate

billy....

Guest QuadraDave

Just thought i would put these pics up of the super spec clutch/gearbox all the parts on clutch are borg warner the spigot bush is bronze and when assembled spigot shaft goe,s through the bush fully. the only problem i had was the bush is a tight fit on the shaft and comes out on the shaft till it hits the clutch and just makes it a pain to seperate the engine and gearbox i did not find any of the horror story things i have read about on the forums so i am hoping robinhood got it right on the later kits. The reason i had to remove a new engine from a car not finished yet will be posted in the engine forum im not having any luck with this build at all hope these pics help anyone with a super spec. Dave D sorry its saying files to big when trying to attach photos