Wiper Spindles

Al Milton

Guest Ian & Carole

Well, wiper spindles are now pointing the right direction, so at least I can get the wiper arms fitted now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Trouble is, the sweep is dire. Looks like there will be a large unswept area on the driver's side. (Currently parking to the nearside)

Iain, how do you get the sweep method you suggest?

Wrong Ian answering but ..........to get the wipers to meet in the middle and both park pointing out wards you turn one wheel box through 180 drgrees

HTHs

Yep - if you have the rack "above" one cog and "below" the other then the wipers will go in opposite directions.

This was how they converted the wipers on Minis (and no doubt other cars) to park the other side for wrong-hand drive countries. I've seen people pull the motor apart and do allsorts of odd things when they've bought a "left hand drive" wiper motor because the wipers park on the wrong side. Once you explain this to them they tend to go very quiet for a while.

Iain

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Followed the turn 1 box through 180 method and bingo - parked on the drivers side and swept to just past the verticle.

Then had the eureka moment.

What if I turned the other box as well (this one was nearer the wiper motor and harder to get at!)??

BINGO - both wipers park to the off-side and sweep to the nearside. Happy bunny time!

Great help everyone, many many thanks for the pointers and parts offers. :clapping: :clapping:

Was about to lose more hair over this (can't afford much more!)

Once again, thanks all