Mot

Guest Brian T

Guest Brian T

Well I took the plunge and put the Exmo in for MOT today and now grinning like a Cheshire cat.

CO limit 4.5% actual level 1.13%

HC limit 1200 ppm actual level 74 ppm.

He popped an alternator bolt that was missing in for me, fitted a clip on a rear brake flexi, did the headlight alignment , all in with the MOT fee :clapping: .

Off to Exeter tomorrow to get my Tax ready for Sunday, nice gentle run out somewhere local Sunday to see how it handles, properly :acute:

I spent last weekend trying to track down a basic drivers side mirror to pop on for the test, get a reallllly nice view of the rear wheel arch now, only to be told by the tester "you could have just got one of the stick on mirrors for the test." Cheers mate could have told me that last week when I asked about mirrors :80:

He handed over my paperwork and took my money, no Certificate, don't get one now apparently as it's all computerised and goes straight on the database, never knew that.

No advises or anything well chuffed.

A couple of the lads in the garage , one has a brother building a Hood atm, commented on how much better it looks now after some TLC after seeing it when it went for the Pre-MOT. Photos to follow of the new colour scheme and dashboard.

I know it wasn't a complete build and the donkey work was all done for me but it was in pretty poor condition when I got it and it now looks like a different vehicle completely. Comments off friends ,neighbours, family and even strangers have encouraged me, paid for it sometimes though, replacement hips, awaiting knee replacements and a bad back are not conducive with kit car building, glad I changed my tack and came down this route.

Here comes Summer :yahoo:

Guest Brian T

Wanted to take some earlier, camera on phone? missing Micro SD card, digi cam, batteries nicked, video cam in still mode, charger gone AWOL.

AAAaaaarrrgggghhhh. Anybody want 2 kids who don't know how to leave things alone?

Will definitely do some tomorrow, once I have my Tax, I NEED to take it for a run, once I've done that I'll settle down to a normal life again lol.

oh and your comment about normal life.................now you have a kit car, the tinkering will be never ending!!!!

I started my build at 17 and drove it for the first time at 19 (it was already registered as a RH car but it had been completely stripped down by the previous owner and half the bits were missing).............I'm 30 this year and I still wouldn't say the car is "finished"....this winter its had a complete rewire, new headlights, megajolt and suspension tie bar upgrade!!

Guest Brian T

I'll have to see what shows I can get to as my wife runs a small business which is Wedding day related. I quite often have to help her out so a lot of weekends are out sadly. Even missed the SW kit car show at Exeter (15 minutes away) last year as she was booked Saturday and Sunday ;-(

I know what you mean about tinkering, a set of bike carbs are winking at me suggestively ;-)

A few things on the list already for the future I think it will be a work in progress for some time .

number 1 modification for any exmo owner is to strength the top of your front suspension struts (thick plate / washer) as the tops of them deform over time due to the small surface area that the shock absorber pushes against every time you hit a bump. Eventually they start to crack around the hole which your absorber bolts through!!

The stainless steel ones are really bad for it, but the mild steel (like yours and mine) also have this weakness but no as bad.

I think this has been covered in quite a few forums, and I think that it's "pinned" on this site under mechanics

Guest Brian T

post-9097-0-36007500-1333128802_thumb.jpg

Hopefully as if by magic some pics should appear shortly, excuse the shake on one or two, I was using my wifes digital (see above) and I think it needed a better head of steam !!!

Guest Brian T

Not an Exmo? Really? I had a look at those "What have I got" RH suspension mugshots and just thought someone had modded the front suspension. It was advertised as an Exmo, and that is what the V5 says, the guy I got it off was one of the boys in blue so have no doubt as to his integrity, may just be a case of the blind leading the blind. Sooooooooo, complete change of questioning here. Any known problems with a New 3 ???

Guest peter2b2002

my Range Rover failed it's mot today, the rear silencer box that I bodged up last year with gun gum FAILED , sod it I know I should have looked at it :(

more gun gum I think :rolleyes:

peter2b

Co level 0.48% pass 3.5

HC level 297ppm pass 1200

not that bad for a 4ltr with 130k on the clock