**newsflash** Richard's Selling Up!

Guest SteveL

Guest SteveL

Over the last few weeks, there have been A4 page adverts for RHSC towards the back of Autocar magazine. I thought Richard was simply trying to expand his empire. I've just got the magazine this week, and lo and belond there's another full page advert, but this time it's for the whole of RHSC!

"A unique opportunity to acquire a lifestyle business as a profitable going concern"

"Turnover £1.17 million with only 10 employees"

"Net profit £330,000"

"Three freehold factories"

"Sole owner nearly 60 wants to retire"

"This together with it's associated companies is for sale lock stock and barrel, £1.5 million"

Anyone fancy buying RHSC?

"Phone Patrick Fitch on 07780 720479 for further details"

A sad day for the kit-car industry when this happens :(

Steve

He did try to sell a few years ago, I remember his stand at the (I think Last show) at Kempton Park. Was around when SVA was coming in, his stand was basically him at a table and nothing else.... Of course since then things have gone from strength to strength with them.

Guest Andy Rathbone

mmm yes wasnt that shortly before he released the 2B??? i bought mine in 2000 so its not one of the first but its a farly early one i think.(feel free to correct me if i'm just jabbering like a village idiot).

So perhapes hes not realy selling and just thinking about releasing a new model!!

Can anyone shed more light on this? Anyone in the know?

If RHSC is not sold, will Richard carry on regardless? If it is sold then presumably the new owner will change things which will affect everything from the availability of spares, technical support for current builders, and possibly the value of existing vehicles.

Hmmm ... interesting times ahead!

Ant

It seems that the kitcar industry is going through a 'patch' at the moment. Banham is sold, JBA is for sale, RHSC is for sale, and they are the 'bigger' outfits (or long established) maybe there are just too many of them?

Guest rizla

:o as ant says if this does happen there will be changes,what they will be is anyones guess,maybe export etc but if it isnt sold i still believe there will be changes ahead after all we all nead to retire sometime,maybe he will employ a "runner of the company" and just have a back seat etc <_<

ps could we employ gina as our secretary :wub:

Err, guys, before you go jumping to conclusions and spreading rumours, Patrick Fitch is the director of GTM Cars... or is there a Patrick Fitch at RH too!?!?

Must admit I find it hard to believe it IS GTM as they only recently got "bought out" by an engineering company RDM Automotive.

So I'm guessing it's another Patrick Fitch!!

Guest daveg

Simon

Is now not a good time to buy a kit then? I was strongly contemplating buying a Super Spec

on the contrary, if, that a big IF, the alleged rumor is true :boohoo: ...then now would be a very good time to buy, you might not get another chance!

Dave :(