New Car Smell

This is an odd one that I need to put in to perspective. I live in a coach house, so a flat above 3 garages. I have one of the garages, and it is self contained, there is no access to the flat. To get to the flat, there is a door next to the garage.

Since fetching the car back last Tuesday, there has been a strong smell of petrol in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs, I am glad to say it doesn't go up the stairs in to the flat. The wall between the garage and the bottom of the stairs is light weight block and there are no obvious holes through from the garage.

The Zero has a distict smell to it which is a combination of petrol and oil. Has anyone else experienced this smell and is it something that will go away as the car becomes 'less new' or is it something I will have to live with.

Guest oddsocks

This is an odd one that I need to put in to perspective. I live in a coach house, so a flat above 3 garages. I have one of the garages, and it is self contained, there is no access to the flat. To get to the flat, there is a door next to the garage.

Since fetching the car back last Tuesday, there has been a strong smell of petrol in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs, I am glad to say it doesn't go up the stairs in to the flat. The wall between the garage and the bottom of the stairs is light weight block and there are no obvious holes through from the garage.

The Zero has a distict smell to it which is a combination of petrol and oil. Has anyone else experienced this smell and is it something that will go away as the car becomes 'less new' or is it something I will have to live with.

My bro had similar with his zero and we found his sender was leaking slightly. Easy fix, also check the pipes from the tank to fuel pumps also a bit lose on my bros zero.

HTH

Jamie

Guest sandy77uk

i had the same problem, mine was the sender and everything i've tried has defeated me, however, I've recently used some JB Weld and that has sorted it :)

Guest sandy77uk

bloody hell Dave, wish I had seen that before I bought the JB weld, never mind, the welds fine but it does mean a major headache if the sender fails