Power

Guest tom-zero

Guest tom-zero

so my kit hasnt even arrived yet and im thinking of ways to upgrade it after iva

just how much power can a zero chassis handle ?

can the standard 2ltr zetec that gbs provide be transformed into a st170 without much problems ?

what other engines do people fit maybe not even ford v6 v8 even ???

thanks tom

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"can the standard 2ltr zetec that gbs provide be transformed into a st170 without much problems" - I dont personally see the point. If ur after more power just get some cams on the zetec shld see u at 190 bhp. if you have some money to spend you can get a 210 - 230bhp kit from raceline or dunnell. I personally think mine stops at 190. I would not want more.

....I would not want more.

You will Femi, mine felt quick as f### for the first 3 months or so.

Soon got used to it and now the engine swap bug has bitten, i'm after 250BHP minimum. :drinks:

Guest MarkB

You will Femi, mine felt quick as f### for the first 3 months or so.

Soon got used to it and now the engine swap bug has bitten, i'm after 250BHP minimum. :drinks:

Mine felt quick till the 3 amigos proved it was slow......hence my little upgrade (to be honest for a big old 2b it was quick enough for me)

If you haven't got a super-fast brain to go with the super-fast motor,tears will flow. Old fa3ts view, I think I was quite quick when younger, now I just try to do smooth.

any one who tows a trailer tent at 80mph aint a sunday driver

haha, my daily driver has 160bhp, weighs a tonne but makes up for it with a lovely supercharger whine. still puts a smile on my face 2 years afterwards whilst overtaking. So i presume 190 in my zero would pretty much scare me enough to leave it well alone

haha, my daily driver has 160bhp, weighs a tonne but makes up for it with a lovely supercharger whine. still puts a smile on my face 2 years afterwards whilst overtaking. So i presume 190 in my zero would pretty much scare me enough to leave it well alone

Remind me to ask you again this time next year buddy! :db:

Guest sandy77uk

what shafts says, my zero is 183bhp and i've not even had a full summer yet and thinking of ways of improving it, I've seen a nice 400bhp turbo driven zetec but with a wedding coming up i've got no chance :(

Guest carl leonard

Hi Tom

These little cars are great and you will feel that you are going VERY fast at 80 being so close to the ground. The problem you will notice very quickly is the aerodynamics of the car - once you get to a certain speed, things like the widescreen start to play a major part in holding you back. I know some members have managed to 'rake' the screen back to improve the airflow over the car. At the end of the day it depends on what you want the car to do!

carl.