Power

Guest tom-zero

Guest dinger

I've said it before so I will say it again...

Power is nothing without control.

You can put the biggest bhp engine in you can find but if the chassis set up and grip levels dont compliment this then its no fun at all,,, Unless your going drifting!

Spend the money on chassis setup and the rewards will be far greater than more power,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joshrob

Tom its all about the torque get a nice strong engine and youll push on past anything with a high BHP on another note you can get 180bhp at the wheels out of the 2ltr with one engine tune run and thats plenty for the first few months.

I think it is more to do with the nut behind the wheel! My pinto is bog standard, and I am happy enough after 7 years. It aint broke, so i'm not going to change yet!

Guest jasonmorris

My Zero has a 173bhp pinto in it and it goes like bloody stink, plenty fast enough for me if I'm honest and most other people I reckon.

Jay

Guest sandy77uk

I'm running alpha trottle bodies with a piper cam and that gives me 183, the GBS exhaust isn't ideal and has been identified as an area of restriction so that will be the next change and then RR again to see what it improvement it gives

Guest dinger

This is true SNotfart!

Not uprades Tom, Setup.......

Chassis setup can mean a alot of things but mainly corner wieghting, ensuring that each corner of the car is pressing down on the road equally, Camber,caster angles as the perfest camber for driving in a straight line is not the right angle for going round corners.

A poorly set up car can lift a rear wheel out of a corner giving you the feeling of poor grip, when infact your front end cold be too soft,

Have alook at a touring car, espeacially last years Vauxhall Vectra and you will notice that they run about 20 degrees of negative camber.

The Zero is a good chassis to start with but spending £200 on a profesional setup will give you more benefits of a £1000 engine mod.

I went to a presentation by a chap called Dave Gallop of Track developments who was explaining all the ins and outs of setting up a car correctly. You wouldn't believe the maths that is involved and how complex it is. But he basically said exactly what Dinger just did, raw power is no substitute for a well set up car.

I am going to book myself in for a day with him soon to get my car set up.