Transporter Trailer Build

richardm6994

Hi Richard, I particularly wanted to keep the width of my trailer down to as narrow as possible which is why I went for that size chassis and the up & over design, otherwise I would have done something similar to yourself - looking good by the way.

Hi utuber - I agree it would have been easier with a flat bed but where's the fun in that ? Once the car is on it actually sits very nicely, and doesn't tend to roll off the back if you don't put the handbrake on !! I don't think I would have fancied the nose that far in the air either, I'm thinking it might have made a good air brake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since I last did owt to the trailer what with my prop shaft UJ's breaking. But now they are fixed and the RH is back together, I've had a good night on the trailer build.

Progress so far;

DSC_0209.jpg

Guest MarkB

That's the same mix I use but from BOC ; who is your supplier? Sounds a lot cheaper than BOC. & looks to be same size bottle.

BOC rental charges are stupid at the moment, goes up every year, im still waiting for a refund on 2 months of acetylene bottle rental from when BOC were unable to supply the gas due to a world shortage

Guest MarkB

we dont rent the bottle either

We do, mainly because all the h and s paperwork is supplied, updated.. etc etc etc... all for £350, for one acetylene, one oxygen and one Argoshield light, refills extra

Hiya,

I am after a trailer too, and this is looking great. Was also thinking of making a small tear drop trailer for camping (the girlfriend doesn't do tents!) Have you done a trailer test to be able to tow over 500kgs?

Ed

there is a place round the corner from where i live that do trailer tests, so I might sort out the test later this year.

the reason for the trailer is for track days, and my dad comes to them and he's avalible for towing (he just doesn't have a car transporter trailer which is why I'm building one).