Why Does The World Have To Stop On A Sunday!

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

well i just recieved my registration certificate through the post, meaning i can now go and get my plates printed up and take the zero for a spin! so i figured i would ring up to get insurance on the car! of course i ring up adrian flux at 4.05 only to find they closed at 4 pm and they do not open on sundays! just my luck!

on a side note, im 24 with 3 points on my licance, and dont really know any decent company to go for kit car insurance with, aside from adiran flux has any body got any other companies in mind? also does any body have a rough ball park figure of what some one my age should be paying? i only ask because i have absolutley no idea atall what kind of quote i should be expecting?

I made a list of possible companies when I checked around for insurance.

kitcarinsurance.org.uk 01943 850999

Adrian Flux - Fairly expansive I've heard. 0800 0818989

heritage.quote.co.uk 0845 330 0660

msm insurance 01279 870535

Footman James 0843 357 1060

osbourne&sons.co.uk 0208 388 6000

sureterm.co.uk 0800 999 2030

Backford Bloor 0151 356 8776

portwood.co.uk 0844 826 2616

grahamsykes.co.uk (Eventually went with them) 01395 255 100

and possibly many more.

Look under the insurance thread on this forum to see what others have been paying.

Simon.

Guest mcramsay

i am already a member of RHOCAR, what kind of questions will i be asked regarding kit car insurance? Ie will they want to know the engine has throttle bodies, and and emerald ECU and what BHP the engine is putting out ? which can be anything really with the power of emerald and a laptop? the max i want to pay is 400 for the year really, but the lower the premium the better!

Well, Graham Sykes asked for receipts, it must be garaged, must have another car (proof of insurance), copy of licence, value of car, parts only (or not). Didn't seem to want the kitchen sink, but came close to it. :)

After all that, they give you around 2 weeks to come up with the registration number if you insure on the VIN number first. It ended up being around £114 fully comp with 3000 miles (I think) for the year.

Oh, forgot - also proof of club membership which helped a lot :)

Simon.

Guest Kennedy48

I'm with frank pickles. Asked for number plate engine size and obviously personal details. Nothing about bhp. Asked of I had mods. I said no mods as I don't. Asked of I was in a club I said yes. Didn't ask what club or any numbers.

Join Southern Kit Car Club (Free!) then search the skcc forum and you'll see how to get a discount from Frank Pickles

or join rhocar and get discount at most insurance brokers not just one

Guest boggybogstar

I think call around is the key, most clubs are recognised in the insurance world and offer between 10 to 15% discount, but I would suggest a lot of them inflate their premium to begin with - good negotiaition with these companies normally give you a competitive premium whether your a member or not!

Frank P seems to come out tops with us, maybe its because we met him last year on our road trip.

I find the good thing about most of the companies pasted up at the beginning of this thread is that they dont have call centres or teenage kids answering the phones, they actually know what they are talking about and you never have to ask to speak to their manager.

Im with Flux, I have an agreed value which I think is one of the most important things and its a cheap as chips, I also took their European breakdown cover for £35 and let my ADAC lapse!

Worth searching other forums too to see what others think as Hammy suggests, a more 'rounded' view is always good research!

Guest Hammy360

I think call around is the key, most clubs are recognised in the insurance world and offer between 10 to 15% discount, but I would suggest a lot of them inflate their premium to begin with - good negotiaition with these companies normally give you a competitive premium whether your a member or not!

Frank P seems to come out tops with us, maybe its because we met him last year on our road trip.

I find the good thing about most of the companies pasted up at the beginning of this thread is that they dont have call centres or teenage kids answering the phones, they actually know what they are talking about and you never have to ask to speak to their manager.

Im with Flux, I have an agreed value which I think is one of the most important things and its a cheap as chips, I also took their European breakdown cover for £35 and let my ADAC lapse!

Worth searching other forums too to see what others think as Hammy suggests, a more 'rounded' view is always good research!

My point exactly, just trying to help him out. He's a young guy and is going to need to take advantage of any offers or discounts. So hey if Tesco works out cheaper than Asda I'll be sure to let him know that too.