Rmd Steering Wheel Failure

Guest greavesy7

trades description act - needs to be fit for purpose. It broke under normal purposes so it is not fit for purpose. Got a feeling trades-desc is far longer than a year so wether they say a year guarantee or not it is superseded by trades-desc

http://www.tradedescriptionsact.co.uk/content/trade-description-act-fit-for-purpose-8.html

hopefully they will just offer a replacement/money back but if they get funny just inform them that you will have to report them to trades-description as they cannot sell a potentially dangerous steering wheel. In fact i'd probably want my money back as if the manufacturing/QC is that bad then i don't want it. And i'd probably still report them anyway to ensure they are investigated and their standards are checked.

hth

Guest scottie686

I have an RMD steering wheel and have been a bit mistrusting of it of late.

I uprated my brakes and took it out the other day to bed in the pads per the Wilwood website, and after a few runs of going from 75 to 20 quite sharpish i got home, took the steering wheel off as it has a quick release and the steering wheel plate had bowed where i had been pushing on the wheel under braking! I was able to bend it back by hand and so from then on have not a lot of confidence it will hold up! The Sparco equivalent is £175 though!

S.

Guest carl leonard

Rally Design stopped selling this steering wheel for a couple of months last year due to the same issue. I wonder if your wheel is from the same batch????

Worth checking when they had the problem and when you purchased yours.

Carl.

Guest scottie686

Would scrap that wheel if it bends that easy!!! steering and brakes are a no FAB area mowerman

i totally agree!! OMP do one for a little less but undrilled. Still a kick in the stones but when it comes to the steering there's really no compromise!!