Sierra Prop-Shaft Wanted

ibrooks

Long shot but maybe someone has one spare from a donor. I'm after a prop from a 2wd Sierra that had an MT75 gearbox. I've got a couple of 4x4 ones but the 2wd box is shorter so just the front end of a 2wd MT75 prop would likely do the trick if anyone has one kicking around.

Ideally within collecting distance of Darwen/Blackburn.

Iain

Guest marsbar

Hi Iain I have a propshaft from a 2wd not sure what gearbox it was fitted to.

Could send a picture if no one is closer to your location.

Steve

Guest klem

I have a prop from a 2WD 2.0l DOHC Sierra (MT75) knocking about.

Located in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire though.

Message me if you need more details

Klem

Peter - you're closest if you've got the right bit so let me know if you find one and how much you want for it.

Steve - I think you're next nearest so yes if you could sort a picture of the gearbox end it would be appreciated. Do you know anything about the gearbox it was connected to? The MT75 has a collar under the gearnob that you need to lift to get reverse and it's to the right and backwards. The Type-9 is the other usual Sierra box and on it reverse is to the left and forwards (whilst pushing down on the gearstick. Have a think how much you want for it.

Klem - Ditto think how much you want and if I don't get one nearer I'll get back to you.

Thanks chaps

Iain

Guest marsbar

Hi Iain had a look and 90% certain that it is off a MT75 as it has that daft rubber ring that goes into the gearbox and attaches to the prop via 3 bolts.

Took picture on my phone , e mail me at marsbar2764@gmail.com and I will forward it on to you.

Well folks, I've got a picture of Steve's and it's looking like it's the wrong one.

Hopefully this works

a507585-Sierra-PropShaft-2.jpg

This is the one I'm after and the guy on Locostbuilders has even ringed one of the easy identifiers. The rubber doughnut is also different to the one on the Type-9 that Hoods tend to use.

Iain