Estimated Bhp And Maximum For Zetec?

Guest Andy Gaskell

Guest Andy Gaskell

Hi all.

Just wondering what BHP to expect from a 2lt zetec blacktop fitted with the following:

Throttle body kit with emerald ECU & injections

Kent Cams

competition Fuel pump

bigger valves

also i was going to upgrade the con rod bolts in the bottom end but what is the zetec bottom end capable of before doing any major strengthening

Guest carl leonard

180ish - Depends how deep your pockets are? Remember you also need to be able to stop - so you might want to consider upgrading the brakes?

carl.

what is the zetec bottom end capable of before doing any major strengthening
Going bang?

Strong crank is easily good for 200+BHP. Rods and pistons OK for 200. Rod bolts are a weak point. 7000rpm on standard, 7400 on ARP and if you are tuning then you will need to use the revs. If going above 200 then you don't need to be taking random advice from a website but talking to your engine builder. 1.6/1.8 zetec flywheel helps the engine spin up and balancing the bottom end helps with smoothness and reduces stresses to stop it going bang.

Your current mods should be good for a solid 190. If nothing else you must fit ARP rod bolts.

Nigel

Guest Andy Gaskell

Thanks for the advice guys. On the note of fitting the 1.8 fly wheel, i currently have the stock 2lt clutch and fly on the 2lt with the mods for the type 9 fitted (shim, clutch arm pin and starter motor). If i was to fit the 1.8 fly wheel and clutch does that meet up to the current gear box mods for the the 2lt fly wheel?

Cheers,

Andy

Guest scottie686

Ive just had the following fittied to mine, AT Throttle Bodies, ST170 Injectors, Newman Fast Road/Rally Cams, Alloy Vernier Pulleys, Head Work including port matching and increased volume around the valve and seat, Lifters, ARP Rod Bolts, Valve Springs, Head Bolts, Oil and Filters, Performance Head Gasket and Rolling Road Set-up, Ally Rad and Oil Cooler and it dyno'd at 212bhp.

Scott

Guest scottie686

how much did that set you back scottie ??

Errm, all of the above including the new Zetec engine from GBS, Emerald ECU and Motorsport engine loom plus a few other odds'n'sods about £6,900.

S.