Iva Fuel Lines

Guest Hammy360

Guest Hammy360

Hi

I am using the red and black vinyl fuel lines from GBS and currently have them running into the engine bay all the way to the front of my Gsxr TBs. I then have braided hoses connecting them to the rail. I read somewhere that the vinyl lines are only allowed to enter a couple of inches into the engine bay. Can anyone clarify this as I am unable to see my IVA manual at present as Im only online with my smartphone. Cheers

Hammy. It was probably my comment and only following on from what Simon at GBS told me. He said that the vinyl fuel lines dont have the flexibility to be able to run them in an acceptable manner. Normal fuel pipe can be bent and contorted so it is run in a neater and safer way. I had mine run about 12 inches in to the engine bay and Simon cut them shorter and ran the rest wil new fuel pipe.

This may not specifically be in the manual but it will be something he has picked up from the Nottingham test centre from the inspectors there and the vast number of cars he has put through. It may be test centre specific?

i ran mine in 10mm copper microbore when I did rebuild after a accident,i also ran them in the car not down the tunnel as in the accident they got cut and better safe than sorry. i dont fancy trying to get out of a 4 point harness if it went up in flames. just my thoughts

Guest merc190provan

I am running 8mm Kunifer down the top of the tunnel for both flow and return. I have about 4 " protruding through into the engine bay then braided upto the tb`s.

Marty Smith

Hammy. I don't think there is a rule. Talk to Simon at GBS as that is who I got it from. It may not have been a rule at all, just easier for him to run the fuel pipes if they were done this way. You may be getting yourself in a knot over nothing or at least over an interpretation only.

Guest Hammy360

Hammy. I don't think there is a rule. Talk to Simon at GBS as that is who I got it from. It may not have been a rule at all, just easier for him to run the fuel pipes if they were done this way. You may be getting yourself in a knot over nothing or at least over an interpretation only.

OK mate cheers