Paperwork Help

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all I m filling in my iva forms and need help with a few questions, it's a 2b with a 2litre pinto

What is the maximum design road speed?

What is the maximum power and the engine speed it is obtained?

What are the design weights axle 1, axle 2 gross, train, and towable mass.

Help would be so grateful

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the following figures for my 2B at IVA last October, engine is standard 2 litre Pinto

Max design road speed 100mph

Max power and engine speed - 77kw @5200rpm

Design weights - Axle 1 - 450Kg, Axle 2 - 600Kg, Gross - 1050Kg

For the towable mass I put N/A as I don't plan on towing a trailer and think it might complicate the braking calculations and make the car less likely to pass.

Guest danny_samb

Thanks for the help, I'll get the rest of the paperwork filled out tonight, also what is the body type where is says saloon hatchback etc

Thanks

Max road speed is only to check your tyres are more than the cars speed

I have been told that testers are well aware of a light 7 type cars potential and this is unlikely to be less than the donors original top speed

Be warned

Engine bhp at what revs

All in the Haybes manual, this is used to test noise level at 2/3rds max power revs

Bhp not more than 110 on a good day from a standard Pinto, original Ford spec was derived from the manufacturers generous estimate and is unlikelly to be seen on the road

Edited by Snapperpaul

If it's a more or less standard Pinto, put what I said in my earlier post. These are the figures that are quoted in the Haynes manual so if you need to verify the source of the information, you can do. For what it's worth 77kw is about 103bhp, either figure will do for the IVA form but I quoted kw because that's the units that that Haynes use and 5200 rpm is about right. Higher rpm figures would make a fail on exhaust noise far more likely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...