No Start After Breakdown

Greenie

That should also be happening when the ecu energises the pump relay or can we assume there is a fuse in there somewhere that has blown?

So replace the pump, check fuses and relay and away you go!

Nigel

Cheers Nigel, that's my first stratin point tomorrow night.... I will let you know how I go on......

Well everyone I owe you all a BIG thanks and I would if I could and that is buy you all a beer, it turned out to be the pump in the end, fit another pump tonight and it fired into life...... What a relieve this has been, totally stumped at the beginning, but with all the expert guidance from the experts on this forum I have managed to solve the problem.

Again thank you ALL so so much, it has been very much appreciated.

Kind and respectful regards

Peter (Greenie)

So success has not been deferred! Gotta be good. Rats. Senior moment. I was going to add something about something and I can't remember what it was. Oh, HP pumps can destroy their inner electrics in which case they are silent and failed or they can destroy the link between the motor and the pumping vanes in which case they can be noisy and failed. Sometimes they sound a bit faster or rougher than the usual and the car stops. Pull off the feed to the fuel rail and switch on ignition while pointing the pipe somewhere safe. Noisy, rough, faster, and no output or only dribbles and its the pump mechanics. (If you get a steady jet of fuel going over the hedge your barking up the wrong tree and squirting on it.)

Nigel