Pinto Engine Machanic

Guest night hawk

Guest night hawk

Hi Guys

Pinto been off the road awhile while doing bits and pieces, including total rewire (premier loom) new didgi dash, gauges etc.

But enigine is very hard to start, smokey, back firing, Someone did look at it fitted a vacuum gauge to the carb, but still not good,

anyone know of a mobile machanic good with engines, i,m usless when it comes to engines.

Located by Fareham hampshire.

thanks

Hi,can't help with engine probs, but hopefully will see you sometime at the Cadnam RHOcar meet -- second Tuesday of the month @Sir John Barleycorn Cadnam,around 7-7.30 ish, regards Bob.post-3135-0-68232700-1338055001_thumb.jpg

Guest night hawk

I have not done anything, but cant say what the last guy did, Engine had been idle for awhile prior to him having it. engines are my weak spot.

Guest Sevenheaven

simply loosen the dizzy (13mm bolt) and turn anti clockwise a small amount, then when running move it untill you get a smooth idle (this will need doing properly with a timing light in the end) but should get you going, VERY common on most Pinto's that have stood for a while.