3A For Sale

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Robin Hood 3A model, Registered 2000, This I bought in 2009 when it had a 2L Pinto and 4 speed box fitted. It was a right mess! The wiring loom at some point had caught fire (previous owner perhaps?), and had been bodged to make do. It had the standard Sierra fuse box fitted which was also a right mess of wiring. I drove the car to the LeMans classic in 2010, and upon my return I decided that there wasn't enough power and everything needed something or another, so I fitted a 1800 Zetec silvertop with 2L cams. ZX6r carbs on a GBS inlet manifold and brand new Pipercross filter, Megajolt programmable ignition using Ford EDIS module and coil pack, 2.8 V6 type 9 5 speed box (with adaptor plate) Shortened alloy sump and a Denso alternator, The exhaust manifold is an Ashley kit which I had welded up professionally, so there are no holes. I then decided to replace the old loom and fitted a new one, with new tiny fuse boxes. I had already fitted new seats and made a new dash inc ETB clocks, as the old one was poo brown colour with the old sierra binnacle. I replaced the clam shell wings with cycle type, and fitted new wing stays. The headlights are new items, as well as the front indicators and side repeaters. The rad is a twin core Coolman type. New silicon water hoses and alloy tube where necessary over the exhaust. I made a complete new pedal box out of 1" square box section and 5 mm steel plate for the brake and clutch pedal mount. I then covered the box in 1mm ali before fitting a new Ka master cylinder, new brake pipes and new braided hoses. I have also removed the old solid anti roll bar and fitted tie bars, and now the car handles superbly. Full wet weather gear also included! New battery also fitted.

The wheels and tyres were fitted just before going to Lemans, and have done about 1000 miles so far, they are immaculate and you can still see the coloured tracking lines in the tread. Since the car was rebuilt and MOT'd, I have done about 50 miles due to a back injury. This is what forces sale as I cannot sit in it for longer than 30 minutes before I'm in pain. It is sad, and I don't want to sell it, but as my back is inoperable there's no point in my keeping it. I will MOT it before it goes so there will be a year on it. The car is currently SORN but I will NOT tax it, please bear this in mind. When I MOT'd it after rebuilding it, it sailed through without any advisories, I was well pleased!

I paid £3,000 for this in the state that it was in, and I have spent a further £2,000 at least rebuilding it, as well as long winter evenings in the garage. Here comes the bargain........... I want just £3,000 for this, no offers below will even be considered, so please don't bother. I just want back what I paid for it, and you get it without any major work to do. Like any kit car, they are about personal preference, and are they ever finished? You will find something that you may want to change, that's the love with kit cars.

It is correctly registered as a Robin Hood kit car, but I haven't got around to changing the V5 to show the Zetec engine number, probably because it's been locked in the garage and only ever started now and again.

I will replace the custom made grille with a standard black one.

Come on and bag yourself a quick car, you wont regret it! The TVH guys know how much work has gone into this rebuild, and you can also find my rebuild thread on here.

Ring for any questions, or send a message. 07909 903239 This is also listed on Fleabay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=160810118693

I'm having trouble posting pics as my file size is too big, and photobucket isn't working at the mo.

Daz

Guest mower man

Sorry to hear you are having to sell Daz more so as you have had only limited use, but if it causes pain it has to go ,hope situation improves in the future all my best mick [ mowerman]

Guest The Modfather

Thanks Mick, its just sitting there and there's good money in it, so best I sell it really. Already got a good bid so fingers crossed.

Take care mate

Daz

Guest The Modfather

Miles, there are a few in front of you, even a guy who was about to book his flight from Holland to collect it Saturday! I could have sold it 4 times over, and I knew I should have asked for more money, but I'm not greedy, I think that £3,000 is a very good price for the car, going lower will be robbing me.

I will keep you in mind, however the buyer is coming tomorrow night, so I will post what happens.

Just for info, it sailed through the MOT today, with no advisories!

Dear Bob.

The old Norman Autocycle is still with me, and no, that won't be sold. I've finally managed to strip it all down, need to get the frame and forks off to the blaster/powder coaters, and that will give me a big boost when they're done. The engine is going to be dear. A basic full engine rebuild is circa £600 :crazy: I need to find a company to make some 2.75" wide mudguards, not as easy as it sounds, believe me. The old ones are rotten sadly. A few other bits are needed but I've sourced them, just need to pull my finger out to order them!!!!!!!!

Guest shaggy

Hi if for any reason the sale falls through, can you let me know please, I would like second refusal. Thank Q

Miles, there are now 2 for sale in the NW, a 2B and an S7 MK11. If you want anymore details, pm me or Mitch as you could view both at the same time.

Si

Guest miles

Miles, there are now 2 for sale in the NW, a 2B and an S7 MK11. If you want anymore details, pm me or Mitch as you could view both at the same time.

Si

Cheers Sim. I'll be in touch