2003Ish Rover Turbo Superspec 2 Plug Ecu?

Guest nomis

Guest nomis

Folks,

Having taken a long long time to build my car I'm getting some professional help with the electrics that somewhat confused me. It appears I have a 'Distributer pack' engine and a 2 plug 'Coil pack' (Wasted Spark) ECU.

Have scanned the forums but nothing obviously similar.

Does anyone have an ECU pinout for Rover Turbo engines with ECU (2 plugs)?

Does anyone know a currently active ECU service/maintenance company that may be able to help?

Anybody had and solved this problem?

Many Thanks

Simon

Guest QuadraDave

Hi Simon the mems ecu that came with the kit was modified by avon electronics it had the alarm and key fob security removed i have the pdf files for T16 engine mems ecu but its to big to attach could possibly email it to you is yours a nasp or turbo engine i also have the pinouts for the rover ecu to superspec loom on my other comp at work try rovertech forum as it will have all the info you need you could go either way dizzy or coil packs so long as you get relevent parts for each system or you use a stand alone ecu my superspec is the T16 nasp and robinhood loom and modified mems unit and was easy to wire up and runs ok HTH Dave D. PS if you want any files i have email me at DavDav@aol.com and i will send all the rover info i have

Like Dave says, the ECU was modded a little.

However, on mine the 'immobiliser' appeared still active, so I had the engine start and then die almost immediately.

Dragging through some very old posts and the Haynes manual, I worked out that my ECU was from an auto.

Deduced that the ECU was expecting a feedback from the auto box inhibitor switch (did question this myself at first), so cut the wire from the engine loom to the ECU, think this was pin 13 or 17, can't remember now, but left enough to rejoin the cable should it not work.

Low and behold it did.

May not work for yours, but worth a go and may save a hundred quid or so by having the ECU looked at to effectively do the same internally.

Guest QuadraDave

Hi Al im sure the updated paper work 6 pages i got of harvs tells you to cut one of wires to ecu to disable the starter inhibitor hth Dave D

• 1 month later...