Iva Fail

Guest jb7x57

Guest jb7x57

Failed at chadderton not much 2 sharp edges, reversing light, needs a new sticker on brake fluid reservoir but the biggest problem was the fuel filler hose in boot he says it needs to be stamped unleaded fuel can't find one anywhere not even gbs do one I have a silicon race tech hose but no stamp on that either anyone any ideas the rest was just nothing really I could of done them there and got a pass but for the hose

That sounds very odd. Mine passed just over 2 months ago at Nottingham and the fuel filler hose in the boot isn't stamped as unleaded. Can you challenge him and ask him where in the IVA rules it says this is the case? I doubt that anyone else has been failed on this.

can't see anything in the manual re fuel filler pipe marking.

fail certificate will reference the section of the manual the tester is referring to and the standard required that are not met.

would be interesting if you could post them

bit late but I think it is always worthwhile asking to see the relevant section during the test, might remind them of what is actually in the manual, and what they can and can not fail.

Guest steve8274

does seem an odd one

i had my test in chadderton last month and failed on few things which i didnt think should have been fails.

with regards to hose, i took the spec sheet from the company because mine was the flexible type and like yours, didnt have anything stamped on it.

maybe you could get in touch with race tech and see if they have a technical data sheet for hose.

steve

Guest dinger

+1 to Steve,

If there is nothing on the hose itself then the receipt or spec sheet of the hose must be shown,

If the company is selling the hose as "fuel filler" then they must supply daya of that hose, these can usually be printed from the internet and shown to the examiner.

Guest sadjagboy

CBS do an approved flexi fuel filler hose, they give you a datasheet for IVA too, I had mine with me at IVA, but the examiner never asked to see it. I didn't have a boot at IVA, although I almost do have one now.

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/Heavy_Duty_Flexible_Fuel_Fill_1_Yard_Length_FFHO1 there are several different diameters available.

Guest jb7x57

Passed this morning changed hose for a rubber second hand one of a old tank and took pic of it on old tank so it passed, went to Preston dvla after dinner with my forms 30 mins later taxed and registered now need the sun