Apem Switches

kevin the chicken

Hi,

I am still struggling with my electrics although I have had some invaluable help and tuition from megadodo at the weekend, as they say a little bit of help is worth a lot of sympathy. I will certainly be able to tidy up some of the tangle of wires and improve some of the joins when my solder gun arrives but we were unable to make much progress with the switches on the dash because megadodo thinks that they may well have been wired incorrectly from the outset. Does anybody else have these switches in their car? They are made by Apem and have silver push buttons, with blue backlighting. I did take some photos but they didn't turn out very well but if you think they sound familiar then do you have a wiring diagram for them?There is a mass of small yellow and white wires connected to them which I am presuming (probably incorrectly) are for the backlighting. At the time we couldn't even see how they came out of the dash but I think I may have sussed that one out, with the block with the connectors pulling away from the rest once the plastic ring behind the dash has been loosened. I think kitspares sell something very similar or the same. As usual any help gratefully received!

Kevin

Hi,

Yes that's the little devils. Pray tell how simple they are in very thick laymans terms please. You would be not impressed if you saw the mess under the dash. Probably wont be simple sorting that lot out. Also was I right about how to get them out?

Anyone know how they come out of the dashboard? I tried but don't want to break them as they are not mine! I take it the back part un-clips from the part that screws to the dash?