What To Do If You Leave Your Car?

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Our kit doesn't have an ignition key - the barrel is still fitted to fool the passing villain but security is effected by

1 ) Battery cut off switch under bonnet, (rarely used)

2) Electric fuel pump switch is a small unmarked rocker switch which means only a carb full of petrol to burn off :D

3) The ignition key and its 2 positions function has been replaced with an innocent looking heater switch.

No probs so far and have left car in some strange places!

hth

Mike

Like Ian, Phil and Agent_zed I just get out and walk away. Oh if I remember I take the keys out as well.

You'll be glad senility affects the younger generation too. ;)

My car has a cobra immobiliser. After 6 years of leaving it outside whilst at work, and a year of being parked on the road, it has never been tampered with (he says, touching wood).

i like that handbrake padlock idea. i think i might have to do something similar myself!

when my hood is in the garage its always chained up. big motorbike lock around the wheel and through one of the sliding pillar chassis tubes.

just got to remember to take it off before driving :D

i have been thinking more and more about making it more secure though, especially as its not in bits anymore.

i did have a steering lock thing from argos but the steering wheel is too small for it

I used to take the rotor arm with me, easy to carry and,as as i found out after breaking down, you need to order in replacements now as nobody bothers stocking them.

Not sure what to use now as im going megajolt as part of the rewire.

Guest shaggy

I have a switch hidden away which turns the petrol pump off. I've lost count the number of times I have forgotten to turn it back on, only to get 200 yards down the road before remembering (once the egine has spluttered to a halt)

Si

Guest carl leonard

If they want to steal the car they will, it doesn't matter what security is fitted, although its always a good idea to make it as hard as possible!

I've heard that crooks will go out of their way to drag cars off drive ways and onto a low loaders if they think they can make money, apparently using fairy liquid under the wheels to make the car slide easier!

Just for information - I always use a device bolted to the floor in front of the car when parked in the garage - you never know!

carl.

Guest MarkB

i just park it up and hope its still there when i get back, im not bothered about losing the car.......... i just hate the thought of catching a bus.

Guest MarkB

A dicky bird told me you just remove one wheel! :crazy:

i have learnt from my 3 wheel moment, now i loosen all the lot, its a russian roulette driving game, my beta blockers blanket adrenaline rushes, this game slams em straight back

Switch off engine & lights & try to remember to take the keys with you. Doesn't always pan out that way; several times Mo has said"where are the keys" "safely still in the car" says I having checked & double checked all pockets.