A Cry For Help

Guest jasonmorris

Guest jasonmorris

Is there anyone in the South Yorks mob that can help me remove the cylinder head on my pinto on Monday daytime or early evening (no lights in garage)?

Or if someone could explain the procedure. I have been told to tippex everything up but am unsure how to find tdc and what to tippex.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason.

Dont know what work i got on yet dude. But if i finish early ill pop over. pm me your number and addy please.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=162021

pic half way down this link to where the marks should be when you strip it ,but anything that rotates tip ex on the pulley and the metal next to it,so that when they all line up its where it was before you stripped it.

you need a t55 to remove the head bolts too iirc.

Guest jasonmorris

Cheers Marcus, I'll remember to tippex everything. I've also been told to Mark the dizzy and rotor arm. How is this done do I simply scribe a line on the dizzy casing and on the block, and what about the rotor arm?

Jason

take the dizzy cap off and mark the rotor arm relative to the dizzy housing..more you mark less there is to go wrong imo

ill find out tommorrow what ive got on monday and if i can help..dont forget to pm your addy and phone number

Guest jasonmorris

Cheers guys that would be great, looking to start it about 5ish. Will we get it off in about an hour ish? Andy my garage is only near Rotherham hospital off Mile Oak Road, junction 33 so not far. Marcus pm sent mate.

My garage is a council lock up one so no electricity. Also is the torx bit I need one of the long ones as mine are all short.

Jason

i know the area well enough, pm me the precise location. I haven't had a head off before, but having head the rocker cover off, i would assume a normal torx bit of the right size would work

Guest jasonmorris

Got a bent valve mate so gotta take the head off to replace it. Also I can't even order one until I measure it because they are bigger than standard.

Hi Jason,

Sorry mate, I'm off around europe again next week so can't make it. If you get stuck with settings let me know as I had my pinto apart last year and may have a few pointers for you. You have my Number...

If you have the head off then stem seals easy to replace...

cheers and good luck

Unfortunately, I'm on my hols too otherwise I could have popped round with a portable generator which could have supplied you with power for lights.

Only in Doncaster too and I will be busy fixing a clutch problem before Newark when I get back.

Hope you get it fixed and maybe see you at Newark?

Simon.