Recovery Break Down

Guest olivehood

Guest emmab

We have cover with the RAC, it covers the driver not the car so doesn't matter what we are driving at the time. The package we have includes camping and caravanning, so if we breakdown on holiday it will take us to the site and if we are not able to fix the car during our holiday it will bring us back (i think lol) Just had our renewal through and its only £70 this time for both of us :clapping:

Guest dinger

We have cover with the RAC, it covers the driver not the car so doesn't matter what we are driving at the time. The package we have includes camping and caravanning, so if we breakdown on holiday it will take us to the site and if we are not able to fix the car during our holiday it will bring us back (i think lol) Just had our renewal through and its only £70 this time for both of us :clapping:

Was that through the camping and caravan club Emma?

I think they have stopped that now but all continueing customers will keep the deal, Its a good price!

Dave

Guest peter2b2002

I've gone with greenflag £39.00 for my trip to Le Mans , covers me for the trip there and back +car if it breaks down

peter2b

I have aa home insurance, so get a free 100 membership with that. They couldn't find the model/make of the car using the reg plate, so gave me a personal membership instead. Upgraded to relay for £35, they claim total package was worth £93, and the house nsurance is competitive.

Rgds

Ed

Guest Alan_builder

Adrian Flux, £50 on top of road insurance, or £60 if taken out separately, that's for breakdown recovery and replacement car, with 30 day repeats in Europe. (both Lemans trips + holiday + 2nd holiday).

Tim has used them from Bordeaux for recover and car hire, at Le Mans for garage repair, and many times in the UK. Quick response, not like the AA leaving us at the side of the motorway for 4 hours in the baking sun. Not like Green Flag who sid I had changed the car 7 day earlier so TT.

Edited by Alan_builder

Guest emmab

Was that through the camping and caravan club Emma?

I think they have stopped that now but all continueing customers will keep the deal, Its a good price!

Dave

Yeah it might have been through camping and caravan club, sorry i'm blonde for a reason :help: .

Guest jasonmorris

RAC for me too. AA Wouldn't do any car they wanted reg numbers of any cars on the policy. Apparently it's the way they're going now. Not with me though lol.

I got the zero and my taxi (business policy) for 138 quid. Includes breakdown, relay and home star wantedt. Well happy AA wanted nearly 300.

Jason

Just joined the RAC personal membership for £79 as I've got three motors the benefit with the RAC over the AA is that if you do break down and need to be relayed home the RAC will take you home on the same motor where as the AA transfer you to a different truck when they reach there operating limit off the truck your on which is a pain in the arse.

Guest dinger

I'm afraid not Whiz,

Its law not to exceed towing limits, not just a rule the AA have,

Years ago before the regulation came in the AA would relay you everywhere, The RAC said they would never do that but the law changed and it was out of our hands, Some of our trucks do have tacho's but usually we will send a contractor and it is upto the driver to break the law.

Come to me next year to get a nice discount for the RAC

Dave